All-Star January 2018 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i would say everything they do is difficult, not creative. there is no transitional elements in their stunt at all. they just go up and come back down about 4 times in that stunt. besides maybe the opposite leg double up the majority of level 5 teams are doing the skills they do also.

I would agree that what they are doing isn't overly "unique" in the way that each skill is something brand new that we've never really seen before. However they specifically taught coaches in the Varsity conferences over the summer that creative doesn't invent something new for every skill... it means that 50% of the skills performed in ANY building section of the routine (exception of pyramid) are visual, unique, and innovative.

Do I think they deserved a perfect score? Probably not. But I do think they should have been near it.

Their stunts are super clean, (which makes it more visual), they have motions before the load-ins, they do a "different" entry in to the inversion and a different inversion than most teams. Their opening section has unique stunts, they have clean motions in their second sequence, and the kick/bump down thing is really appealing to watch & also "different".

You can do a lot of motions and choreo and still be clean though. I like SSX this year and they have a good routine, but he does make a point that they look sloppy. Since you brought up WCSS, I think they can be kind of hit or miss with their choreo (still my faves tho)... I thought their Gaga routine had a little too much and it was distracting/looked messy, but the Dancing with the Stars routine had the right amount and looked pretty clean IMO.
They do look a tad sloppy, but maybe that's just because it's January... They'll get there.

Stingray Allstars - Steel

Stingray Allstars - Orange

Stingray Allstars - Peach

Stingray Allstars - Cobalt

Stingray Allstars - Electric

I reaaaaally want to know if Orange got credit for their handstand to heel stretch. If they did, thats wild. Every single one went to block and then pulled.

Not sure if already posted but here is cali vixens medium allgirl from the AZ location.

Not sure how i feel for the first time about a cali worlds team. They hit but i think restricted would fit them better. Granted they are in a division not necessarly know for tumbling.

Last edited:
Not sure if already posted but here is cali vixens medium allgirl from the AZ location.

Not sure how i feel for the first time about a cali worlds team. They hit but i think restricted would fit them better. Granted they are in a division not necessarly know for tumbling.

I can't wait to see TGSC from AZ.. I feel like there is so much talent in Phoenix but it's all spread out throughout so many different gyms. The first program to globe I think will change that.

I will never understand...
This team is INCREDIBLY talented. But they’re senior level 5 athletes bouncing around like minis during transitions. Not a single stunting element was caught at the top. There is more motions in this routine than there are actual skills.
SSX, IMO, has not looked even remotely good in years (routine wise). No matter how talented this team is, year after year they define a new standard of sloppiness.
But y’all go so hard for them.. Idk.
I understand what you mean by the "bouncing around" but I don't see what you're talking about "not a single stunting elements was caught at the top"...almost every single team I have watched does a press of some sort (be it small or large) so they're not the only team to do it. It never drops below head level.

justifying bad execution is funny to me from y'all that are fans of these worlds teams.
Hit it at the top and get scored correctly period... No if's, but's, or and's, regardless whether other teams do it or not.
if the rubric says "double up to immediate one leg EXTENDED POSITION" then it should HIT at extended period.

i get ya'll ride hard for the teams you love but i who love these teams too have to acknowledge and know that its all not rose colored glasses. to me a team that EXECUTES is BRANDON SR. BLACK ...... that is all ;)

justifying bad execution is funny to me from y'all that are fans of these worlds teams.
Hit it at the top and get scored correctly period... No if's, but's, or and's, regardless whether other teams do it or not.
if the rubric says "double up to immediate one leg EXTENDED POSITION" then it should HIT at extended period.

i get ya'll ride hard for the teams you love but i who love these teams too have to acknowledge and know that its all not rose colored glasses. to me a team that EXECUTES is BRANDON SR. BLACK ...... that is all ;)
Earlier I was trying to think of a team whose execution is on point... and BSB instantly came to mind!

Back