High School Jv And Varsity Wearing The Same Uniforms: Yay Or Nay?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which do you prefer?

• Same exact uniform for JV and Varsity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At my school, the freshman, jv, and varsity teams all have different uniforms. Jv and fresh are very similar but varsity is more of a collegiate style uniform in my opinion.

We have one uniform that has enough for both teams to wear them. We use those for pep rallies or events that they do stuff together. Each team also has their own uniform that they use for competitions or games. The JV only uniform is an old varsity competition one, but it was only used for 2 seasons before it was passed down, so its practically as new as the ones varsity is currently using. We passed it down because we have less girls on JV, and it was an extremely expensive uniform that we didn't want to have to order fillers for. I like the option of having them all match or not. All camp wear, warm-ups, etc is the same. Makes it a whole lot easier for everything when they have the same stuff.

As for passing uniforms out, veterans get their old uniform back first, IF it still fits. Then I go by the biggest and the smallest. The middle size girls can fluctuate a little to make my sizes all work, but the bigger and smaller girls can only use certain ones. I try to get as many girls as possible in a correct size uniform. If I can't, then a size up is my next best option.

I think Varsity and JV should have different uniforms, not because one is better than the other, but because they are two different teams. I like the idea of the uniforms being the same design but in reverse colors. We don't have a JV at our school because we are too small, but our cheerleaders have the option of cheering Fall, Winter or Both. Fall and Winter have different uniforms, so if you cheer both you take on the responsibility of purchasing two uniforms. All of the cheerleaders, regardless of what season they cheer, have the same warm ups, camp clothes, and spirit wear. They occasionally perform together (Homecoming Pep Assembly and Parade, for example) they either wear their warm ups or a specific spirit wear outfit so that they look uniform.

I'm not sure how JV did uniforms but I assume they received theirs after we received ours. And it went by class. Seniors got their uniforms, then juniors, then sophomores. If you had been on the team the year before, it was likely you would get the same uniform again if it still fit, and the coach had to approve fit. Uniforms could be altered as long as it was reversible, meaning no fabric could be cut off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a believer in both ways...I've always made sure to have one to two all squad uniforms so that when they perform together or have public performances they all match...but when they cheer at games I'm okay with them having different uniforms UNLESS they are cheering together at a game! More professional if they all match...IMHO

I'm a believer in both ways...I've always made sure to have one to two all squad uniforms so that when they perform together or have public performances they all match...but when they cheer at games I'm okay with them having different uniforms UNLESS they are cheering together at a game! More professional if they all match...IMHO
Do schools have varsity and JV cheering together at a game? At cp's HS, varsity cheers for varsity sports and jv for jv sports.

Do schools have varsity and JV cheering together at a game? At cp's HS, varsity cheers for varsity sports and jv for jv sports.

Our JV cheers at varsity homecoming game and breast cancer awareness game. Some years we add in a 3rd game as well.

Our Varsity and JV cheer together as one squad for varsity football and JV only cheers for Boys and Girls basketball home games once a week. Varsity gets the football uniform first and then JV gets their uniforms, depending on size some of the JV girls wear the Varsity uniform and some wear the older Varsity uniform which has a pleated skirt. For competition Varsity got new uniforms last year and JV competitoin wears the uniforms Varsity cheers football in.

Back