High School Jv Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have no dance experience[emoji85] I'll try to enroll in a zumba or hip hop dance class at my local YMCA. Hopefully that'll help me get some rhythm lol. My arms are very skinny and scrawny, maybe weight lifting will help build muscle for being a base. I don't think I'll be a flyer in stunts because of my height.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk
Push-ups are great. You can use canned food for weights!

Push-ups are great. You can use canned food for weights!
Is there a way to build up enough strength to do a pushup? I seriously cannot do ONE. I can push myself down just fine, but its the pushing myself back up that I'm too weak to do. I get out of breath and just lie there on the floor, feeling like a failure at life[emoji23]

Is there a way to build up enough strength to do a pushup? I seriously cannot do ONE. I can push myself down just fine, but its the pushing myself back up that I'm too weak to do. I get out of breath and just lie there on the floor, feeling like a failure at life[emoji23]

Wall push-ups!

You guys, I was freaking out over nothing[emoji5] the coach told me the only requirements were a smile, positive attitude, and a toe touch.

See? You'll be fine. Just be patient with yourself and work on getting your skills up.

While it seems like a simple tryout, requirements like this mean you need to focus on details:

*Sharp motions.
*Loud clear words.
*Smiles.
*Pointed toes in jumps.
*Keeping your chest up in jumps.
*Performance in dance (smiles, selling it, looking like you're having fun.)

While it seems like a simple tryout, requirements like this mean you need to focus on details:

*Sharp motions.
*Loud clear words.
*Smiles.
*Pointed toes in jumps.
*Keeping your chest up in jumps.
*Performance in dance (smiles, selling it, looking like you're having fun.)
I have everything but my toe touch. I need to work on my landing and the height

Back