High School Jv Vs. Varsity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 21, 2011
Hey :)

Ever since I can remember I always knew as a Freshman I should go to JV, and I know thats how it should be, and until recently I was going to tryout for it. But after really thinking about it, I really would like to go to Varsity. I wanted a chance to escape from 5 girls who tortured me this year and last year (they are all going for JV and they would make up 90 percent of the squad [only 3 other girls trying out}) I also wanted the chance to fly again. I have been a flyer all other years I've cheered except for this year and really miss it, and I know on a squad of nine girls, I probably will have to base

I truly think I can make Varsity because I meet the skills needed for it. I've got my standing tuck, RO Quad BHS, I got the UCA all american award last year, and of course the passion for it :)'

What I'm asking is, is it a mistake for me to want to go to Varsity??? My mom doesn't think I should go for it, and keeps tearing me down about it whenever I bring up the subject. She is really not supporting me and all I want is to get a fresh start, I just don't want to regret it.

Any advice would really help me.

Well if you try out for varsity and don't make it, can they just put you on JV?

go for the varsity. dont hold back for anyoneeee. If you have the passion for cheerleading then you should have the passion to be the best. id go for it :)

Girl go for Varsity! Youve got the skills, just be confident. Youll do great. And if not, just keep working until you get what you want. Dont let your mom get you down either, if its your dream just do it for you and not for anyone else.

Corny I know but I hope I got my point across!

You've got some spunk Suzie and all the required skills...go for the gold!

Before try-outs, talk to your mom about the pros & cons, and why she thinks you should stick to JV. She may have her reasons...if all else fails, get some advice from the JV coach.

TRYOUT FOR VARSITY!!! Who cares what other people think or expect from you? If you have the skills for it, do it. When I was a freshman I tried out and made varsity and it was the best feeling in the world. People look up to you when you make it at a younger age. It's fun to have the same coach for four years, you get close and it's cool because she/he can rely on you for a lot of things from knowing you for so long. If you don't make it though, don't give up!
Go for your own dream and it's good to set goals for yourself, it'll make you want to work harder...hope that helps you out a little bit :)

I agree with @cheerislove8, won't they put you on JV if you don't have the score for varsity? Or put you on varsity if your score is high enough? It seems like you have the skills required for a varsity squad, but you gotta have a good attitude & confidence too!

Gotta love the Friday night lights!! Varsity!!
Good Luck to you!! Let us know how it goes!

Varsity is the best. Are you the best? Sounds like it. Always try out for the best. If for any reason you don't make Varsity, but make JV, then you will still work your best and be the best and then next year you will be on Varsity. Be confident, show you have the skill and the maturity to handle the higher level squad. Go for it!

A Freshman deserves the spot on Varsity if they have the skills. Your grade level should not matter. Who cares if some upperclassman feelings get hurt. I hate when people think just because your a Freshman you shouldn't make it. Go for Varsity!
My daughter just made Varsity as a freshman. It can and does happen!

Back