High School Jv Vs. Varsity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Abby....did you make JV? You didn't update us on the best part, did you make a team?

I'm sure you made a team :)....the best part is now you are a part of the organization and can show them what you can do. And if anyone gets injured and they need an awesome flyer/tumbler etc, they have you now :).

Congratulations!

haha yeah, I made JV. I really hope I can prove my self to be a good flyer- I've worked too hard. Theres two other flyers on the team of a squad of ten. Thanks!

For a freshman, what's the rush? If varsity as a freshman isn't in the cards, you got three more years to make it. Certainly if a freshman is good enough for varsity, then they should be on varsity.

However, if you have an upperclassman and a frosh relatively equal in skills, then the frosh should pay their dues, keep working at their craft and wait for their shot.

The only way a freshman should make varsity is if their skills are better than any other upperclassmen or posess skill specific abilities that no other uperclassman has

When some of the girls on Varsity can't even do a standing back handspring, it hurts a little when you don't make it. Tumbling isn't everything, but I made all american last year if that says anything.

You are great abby! Keep working hard, show them that you have heart and are a hard worker and your time will come. Enjoy every minute of it!

a lot of girls on my team that are freshman make varsity but then on jv we also have almost a full team of freshman. i would say do what you want & don't take crap from the girls that are giving you problems, their probably just jealous.

Hey :)

Ever since I can remember I always knew as a Freshman I should go to JV, and I know thats how it should be, and until recently I was going to tryout for it. But after really thinking about it, I really would like to go to Varsity. I wanted a chance to escape from 5 girls who tortured me this year and last year (they are all going for JV and they would make up 90 percent of the squad [only 3 other girls trying out}) I also wanted the chance to fly again. I have been a flyer all other years I've cheered except for this year and really miss it, and I know on a squad of nine girls, I probably will have to base

I truly think I can make Varsity because I meet the skills needed for it. I've got my standing tuck, RO Quad BHS, I got the UCA all american award last year, and of course the passion for it :)'

What I'm asking is, is it a mistake for me to want to go to Varsity??? My mom doesn't think I should go for it, and keeps tearing me down about it whenever I bring up the subject. She is really not supporting me and all I want is to get a fresh start, I just don't want to regret it.

Any advice would really help me.

you NEED to go for it!!! how will you ever know unless you try! especially if you have everything you would need skill wise & a passion for the sport!!! have confidence in yourself! i definetley think you have a good chance of making the varsity team!

I know im a little late, but i made Varsity as a freshman for football season and its definitly an amazing feeling. But now we have JV with my old middle school coach and I made sure i made jv. Stay out of the drama, befriend the seniors. They might take you out to eat for lunch, or after games etc. Mine do all the time. They are probably the closest friends i have. Get away from those awful girls trying for jv. Trust me! aha:)

Back