Keeping Skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 30, 2012
Having been forced out of my all-star cheer gym early (middle of the season) access to spring floor right now is limited :( I am trying to work on my skills over and over on the grass for next season (New gym) , but I feel like I am getting worse and worse :help: What can I do to prepare myself and get better? Mainly level 3 skills (round off tuck, front tuck, specialty to tuck etc.)

Condition. Practising your skills is good and it's definitely necessary, but unless you are training other things besides tumble, you might lose the strength you need to do those skills, even if your technique is good. Focus on your core (abs) and leg strength as these are especially important for tumbling.

Condition. Practising your skills is good and it's definitely necessary, but unless you are training other things besides tumble, you might lose the strength you need to do those skills, even if your technique is good. Focus on your core (abs) and leg strength as these are especially important for tumbling.

I agree with this Ceanz-Victoria. Maintaining your strength and flexibility is going to be biggest factor in retaining your skills. If you want to work your skills, you should look for open gyms at either other all-star gyms, or gymnastics facilities. You shouldn't ever tumble without proper safety equipment or qualified instructor supervision.

Back