OT Keto Diets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
no i havent but can i suggest you try weight watchers?
At the age of 15 I lost close to 30 pounds without any crazy diets, you just eat in moderation. Its so easy to just write down how many points the food was and eventually you get good enough to memorize how many points are in each food and can do it in your head. Still two and a half years later, i always go back to weight watchers when I wanna drop a few pounds. Goodluck!

i dropped 10 pounds this year from not drinking any soda's. (so far for 3 months) I just drink water & Gatorade! im trying to be as healthy as possible

You definitely shouldn't just eat protein. I took a nutrition class and any protein you don't use your body will turn into fat. And you need carbs because it's your number one energy source. Protein is 2nd but well behind. Carbohydrate energy works best. So if you're trying to lose weight or maintain weight, just eat healthy foods, more water, cut soda and have sports drinks during practices so you don't over hungry after practice and stuff your face when you get home.

You definitely shouldn't just eat protein. I took a nutrition class and any protein you don't use your body will turn into fat. And you need carbs because it's your number one energy source. Protein is 2nd but well behind. Carbohydrate energy works best. So if you're trying to lose weight or maintain weight, just eat healthy foods, more water, cut soda and have sports drinks during practices so you don't over hungry after practice and stuff your face when you get home.

is this if you eat over a certain amount of calories of it? say, out of 1200 calories, 1000 of them were from protein. would this prevent/hinder weight loss?

You definitely wouldn't want 1000/1200 calories to be of protein.

basically when you work out, after your body is depleted of it's carbs, so you need more to help your muscles, and then protein comes in to repair it. So it's not really how many calories of it, because it all depends on how much you eat/exercise. As long as you have a healthy diet that's filled with carbs, protein, and even a little bit of "healthy" fats (such as peanuts or fish) then you're good.

Losing weight and being healthy are not the same thing...tough thing to remember sometimes when dieting. You definitely need to make sure you're eating from all food groups (okay maybe not fats, sweets and oils) to get all the nutrients you need, especially if you're a young athlete.

Honestly, the best diet that's ever worked for me was just eating less lol. You still eat all the good foods you usually enjoy, just in smaller portions. You get used to the smaller portions pretty quickly. I eventually stopped getting as hungry because I was used to eating less, which helps prevent overeating in and of itself.

Don't let a diet consume you (no pun intended). It shouldn't be a stressful thing that you spend half of your day thinking about.

Back