Kick Double Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 9, 2011
Can someone please help!
I can never get fully around in my kick double baskets. I always land 1 1/2 and I'm pulling pretty hard.

It looks like you're arching you back because you're trying to twist with your shoulders. Also, try and stay upright longer. Really lean onto your kicking leg and then keep the twisting more "vertical". By leaning back too soon, you're cutting off your height.
But other than that, good job!!

If you pause the video right at the kick, you have open hips and your foot is pointing sideways (like a toe touch) because you are already starting to drop your head and shoulder. Then as you begin the twist, your back is arched and your shoulder/head are continue pointing ina different direction that your lower body because you begun the spin too early.

Ride the toss longer, the kick should almost be straight up and down in front of your body, then use the snap together as your spin initiation. You should be bringing your right arm and leg across your body to meet your left hip and left leg almost like a fan kick. Think about closing your shoulders together (like someone just punch you in the chest) and keep your eyes spotting to the front longer. This should help you from throwing your left shoulder back and initiation the spin with your head.

I do the exact same thing but I always end up inverted because I drop my left shoulder while cranking with my head, so it's a lot easier said than done. These are just the tips and corrections I get all the time. It might be easier to go back to a kick full and make sure your form is perfect. Then once you've fixed the spin form, the kick wrap becomes more aggressive and that should pull you around a 2nd spin.

Ride it longer, and then pull tight around spotting the front on your 2nd rotation. You are arching your back and starting your first rotation when you're on your way down already you have to start that first twist right at the max of your kick... It also REALLY helps to tilt your chin up (pop it up) on your kick.. Helps you keep that vertical

Back