Killer Workouts? Please Help.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2014
I have decided to go on a workout plan. This week has been my first week that I have actually intensively worked out on my own. I kind of see an improvement already. But I want more. I lift a nine pound weight to a whole song, I do squats until they burn, I'm proud of my self today because I did a one minute plank, I also did 100 bicycle crunches, I did a lot today. But I want more challenging workouts that I can do at home. If you have anything please tell me.

Ps: I jog for 2:30 everyday in place. That's not a problem for me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I am finishing up week 4 of P90x3 and love it. It is 6 days a week, 30 minutes a day, and everyday you do something else. Some days more cardio, some days weight, yoga, pilates, plyometrics - it gives a great all around workout. You need very little equipment for this.

I also love Jillian Michael's Shred It With Weights, with a kettle bell. You can start with a lower weight kettle bell and then increase it when the workout becomes less intense. This one is also about 30 minutes long, and the combo of cardio and weights is great.

No matter what you do, don't forget that nutrition plays a huge role in it all. Good luck!

I am finishing up week 4 of P90x3 and love it. It is 6 days a week, 30 minutes a day, and everyday you do something else. Some days more cardio, some days weight, yoga, pilates, plyometrics - it gives a great all around workout. You need very little equipment for this.

I also love Jillian Michael's Shred It With Weights, with a kettle bell. You can start with a lower weight kettle bell and then increase it when the workout becomes less intense. This one is also about 30 minutes long, and the combo of cardio and weights is great.

No matter what you do, don't forget that nutrition plays a huge role in it all. Good luck!
You're my hero. We did p90x for a while but it was always like an hour a day...what version has 30 minutes or was I just doing it wrong (which is highly possible)?

Contemplating witty signatures since 2011

You're my hero. We did p90x for a while but it was always like an hour a day...what version has 30 minutes or was I just doing it wrong (which is highly possible)?

The newest one (the third version hence the x3) is only 30 minutes plus about 2-4 minutes of cool down time for the heavy cardio days. I could never have done the longer ones. I do not have an hour to invest everyday in working out, nor the motivation. And while I am posting on here I am procrastinating starting the Yoga workout....

The newest one (the third version hence the x3) is only 30 minutes plus about 2-4 minutes of cool down time for the heavy cardio days. I could never have done the longer ones. I do not have an hour to invest everyday in working out, nor the motivation. And while I am posting on here I am procrastinating starting the Yoga workout....
That's was my issue. I might have to look into the 30 minute one. I liked it, I just don't have that kind of time

That's was my issue. I might have to look into the 30 minute one. I liked it, I just don't have that kind of time

Yoga done! Thirty minutes for me makes a huge difference. Even when I am pouring sweat and gasping for air, I say to myself it is only 30 minutes. And it really does go fast.

Yoga done! Thirty minutes for me makes a huge difference. Even when I am pouring sweat and gasping for air, I say to myself it is only 30 minutes. And it really does go fast.

Dh was looking at the P90x3 and then decided on the T25 instead (hey, it's 5 less minutes). We just did the first workout, which is cardio and it's much harder than my typical 3.25 mile 30 minute morning run. It does go fast, though. The hardest part is popping the DVD in.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I am not able to do high impact like the P90x but have been doing PiYo for the last three weeks. TALK ABOUT MUSCLE TONE and inches lost. You may think that it's easy but it's a heck of a workout and it focuses on strength, flexibility, and losing/maintain weight as well. I'm absolutely in love...so much that I am having my squad do some of it at each practice as well.

I am not able to do high impact like the P90x but have been doing PiYo for the last three weeks. TALK ABOUT MUSCLE TONE and inches lost. You may think that it's easy but it's a heck of a workout and it focuses on strength, flexibility, and losing/maintain weight as well. I'm absolutely in love...so much that I am having my squad do some of it at each practice as well.
How long are the PiYo workouts?

Where do I find it ? And how much?

Actually took the time to read all of it. According to the site:
How long are the workouts and how many days a week is the program?
  • The workouts range from 25 to 45 minutes, with the majority clocking in around 30 minutes. PiYo is a 60-day program with workouts scheduled 6 days a week. And, because PiYo involves intense cardio, you can get results significantly faster than with traditional yoga or Pilates.

One more question. Do you feel there is enough focus on flexibility to benefit flyers for pulling body positions (heel stretches, scorpions, etc.) ?

One more question. Do you feel there is enough focus on flexibility to benefit flyers for pulling body positions (heel stretches, scorpions, etc.) ?

I think it could definetly could help with flexibility. I'm quite flexible, even at my age lol, but I find I am already more flexible in my hips, calves, and hamstrings. My back flexibility has improved as well. I think it would be a nice addition to your workout to warm them up, get the muscles stretching in ways that are different than cheer stretches and then move into split stretches, etc.

Back