Killing Conditioning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did you check for an HIB Department in your school district? These people will love and want to hear what you are telling us...
I have been teaching for the last 15 years and the last 3-5 years, all teachers are forced to take at least 3 hours of Harassment, Intimidation and Bully workshops for our jobs and I know the PE Teachers must take more training in this area and we all signed and received certificates and in our contracts now, attest to receiving
these workshops... I believe that these workshops are a common thing for all teachers in the USA. Matter of fact, HIB ruling requires all school professionals to report any complaints of abuse or risk losing their jobs. So, if all these athletes are suffering and complaining the way you claimed, a lot of people will be in trouble...

@sassyonthesidelines, if you are afraid to come forward to an HIB official; YOU can pick up the phone and put in an anonymous complaint. The complaint will force the HIB Agent to write the complaint up and he/she will conduct an investigation. In this investigation they will probably interview this Coach and all the athletes and they will observe your practices too...
I figured, this Coach will be on her best behavior and will be too scare to continue her poor behavior, since she knows "Big Brother" is watching her and just this investigation alone may give other athletes the strength to speak up against this coach...

Is your coach certified? Not saying that certification always prevents stuff like this, but I honestly don't know how she has been able to get and keep that job.

The offer still stands. Send me names and basic contact info and I will gladly contact the AD or other officials. I know there are other adults here within the education field that will do the same.

**Congratulations you found someone from your gym, do you want a cookie?**

I'm only playing devils advocate. Perhaps other athletes on the team are not experiencing the workouts and practices the same way.
Ya that's how I'm feeling reading all of these. When we have kids come to my field hockey double sessions who maybe haven't done any preparation for conditioning, guess what, you'll be extremely sore. We have kids throw up and feel dizzy. It comes with being an athlete. We push our kids, albeit safely, but I can almost guarantee that some of those unprepared kids would be saying something similar and calling us names (like in the other thread) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My concern is the kids who passed out because it was too far of a walk to get help.

**Congratulations you found someone from your gym, do you want a cookie?**

Please PLEASE report her yourself or let one of the people on here help you.

If I remember correctly from your other post you're not competitive right? Sideline only? This lady is on a huge power trip and I'm scared to hear more about her.

Ya that's how I'm feeling reading all of these. When we have kids come to my field hockey double sessions who maybe haven't done any preparation for conditioning, guess what, you'll be extremely sore. We have kids throw up and feel dizzy. It comes with being an athlete. We push our kids, albeit safely, but I can almost guarantee that some of those unprepared kids would be saying something similar and calling us names (like in the other thread) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible. I've also considered that she is a troll, but would rather be safe than sorry in giving advice.

I agree though, conditioning is not supposed to be fun.

It's possible. I've also considered that she is a troll, but would rather be safe than sorry in giving advice.
THIS. Better safe than sorry.
For me personally it´s not the conditioning which bothers me but the awkward one-on-one extra practices.
Conditioning isn´t fun especially if you´re not used to it. We had new people come in ... and quit after conditioning (although most people on the team do not consider it "too hard", they got used to it).

For a team that doesn't compete or stunt that is some ridiculous conditioning. Our teams travel all over the the state and out of state for national competitions and even our varsity doesn't have half the amount of conditioning you guys did. If none of the other cheerleaders or parents will stand up for you guys, I think you should at least try to talk to the "coach" or try to reason with her. Mad props to you for putting up with it for as long as you have though, I could never deal with that((:)

For a team that doesn't compete or stunt that is some ridiculous conditioning. Our teams travel all over the the state and out of state for national competitions and even our varsity doesn't have half the amount of conditioning you guys did. If none of the other cheerleaders or parents will stand up for you guys, I think you should at least try to talk to the "coach" or try to reason with her. Mad props to you for putting up with it for as long as you have though, I could never deal with that((:)
Oh my god, dying after seeing your user name.

Search for '3 year old back handspring' thread and you'll know why.

**spy games, let the fun begin**

Latest posts

Back