All-Star Killing Small Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

right now we pay by the class, I'm wanting to move to 3, 6, or 12 month contracts with post dated checks for each month in advance(I know checks are more work than autodraft, but it gives me the freedom to be able to hold a check for a day or two if someone needs me to) Obviously the longer you commit the larger the discount.

I'm trying to simplify the accounting and make my budgeting more consistent and know that I already have the check in hand

Even with auto deduct on a card, you have some flexibility. Don't do the checks. You'll regret it.

Even with auto deduct on a card, you have some flexibility. Don't do the checks. You'll regret it.
We've had it as an option for our cheerleaders. Save $5 by writing 12 post dated checks for the year up front, and we have about 25% to 30% of our cheerleaders opting for that and its worked great for us.

Why would I regret it? Are there issues that you've seen before?

We've had it as an option for our cheerleaders. Save $5 by writing 12 post dated checks for the year up front, and we have about 25% to 30% of our cheerleaders opting for that and its worked great for us.

Why would I regret it? Are there issues that you've seen before?

If you've had success already, then you should probably continue. But paper can get lost or stolen. Accounts can change. I've just tried to avoid checks in the last few years.

If you've had success already, then you should probably continue. But paper can get lost or stolen. Accounts can change. I've just tried to avoid checks in the last few years.

I think our only options are auto-deduct from a bank account or full payment up front (with a discount). Never heard of writing post-dated checks...

CGAcheer, just a quick comment back to the three month sessions. We had to quit tumbling classes at our old gym because of school sports that would interfere with the beginning or end of middle of a session because they went to three month session. I was completely fine with one month sessions with my credit card on file and a one month notice in advance requirement to withdraw from the class. It killed me because we could have worked in a month or two at a time, but I could not bring myself to pay for classes that I knew she could not attend. Just my experience for what it's worth.

We have done monthly auto draft and credit card auto draft over the years and both have worked well for us. Good luck with your gym. Love the ACE "Tuition Due" shirts!

Love the ACE "Tuition Due" shirts!

I've had requests to see them, so I had Happy get one out of the back for a photo shoot. Here's the front:

gymfees.jpg

Here's the back:

latefees.jpg

Awww that stinks. I hope you can find a good place for your daughters. Everytime my husband talks about leaving Jersey, I always tell him I will not move to a state that doesn't have strong cheer programs, close. He thinks Im insane, what you are going through is my reason why.

Back