All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After nearly a year of stops, starts, backsliding, crying, tears, "almost" having it on the floor then not having it, technique issues, confidence issues, issues with other kids' tumbling blocks getting in my daughter's head and a whole lot of effort...

My daughter has now done relatively solid robhs tucks, on the floor, by herself, for several practices in a row now. I hope I'm not jinxing her by saying that. And her punch front and aerial have come a long way as well.

I'm so proud of her for pushing through and seemingly getting a skill which she has been *this* close to getting for nearly a year. It'd have been easier for her to give up, and she almost did at one point. But she persevered.

Too late. I jinxed her. Apparently she got it in her head that a minor technique issue she has with her round-off means she can't throw the skill by herself anymore, and now we're back to square one.

Too late. I jinxed her. Apparently she got it in her head that a minor technique issue she has with her round-off means she can't throw the skill by herself anymore, and now we're back to square one.
I will definitely be thinking of her. It is NOT easy dealing with something like this. A friend of mine's daughter has a block from her full because she "saw her bow fly out of her hair" and it scared her in her full...now she won't throw it. She has a BEAUTIFUL full...she will get it back. So will your cp :) have faith in her.

I could not type more earlier because the board was acting crazy. My daughter had the "b" word after she broke her collar bone. I had her work with a gymnastics coach who worked on her confidence first!!! I can't tell you how many standing bhs she spotted on my cp who prior to her injury was throwing doubles. After she was comfortable with the standing bhs she moved to round off -pause- standing bhs. then she had her connect it. You get the picture. Now she is back to throwing doubles. I thank God that I have this coach because without her I am not sure my cp would have ever tumbled again!!!

Here is her video of her tuck,

The first tumbling pass is from the first time she threw it and landed but not very good which was yesterday.

Then the next 20 all kind of look the same they are from today. The better ones are toward the end.

I hope y'all like!
I'm so proud of my baby, she turns 7 tomorrow and she posted this on Facebook on Tuesday so I was happy to see her get it because it broke my heart!

ad103039-671e-6ee6.jpg

The video:)

Jaylen got her round off handspring tuck - YouTube

I'm bragging on ALL of my family....that would be the entire Aviator program! This is only the middle of our 3rd season, so no one really knows us. This is the first year for our Lv 5 (Sm Sr Co-Ed) and they got an at-large from Cheersport (they scored 7th overall for all the 70+ lv 5's that competed). Our other 9 teams this year have torn up the mat all season long. But, even though our program is fierce on the mat - that's not the reason we're there. They're our family. ALL of them. The kids love each other. The parents love each other, the coaches are AMAZING.

When I think about how much time and money allstar cheer costs, it doesn't mater to me. What matters is seeing my kids tear out from backstage and jump all over their parents because they knew they just did something GREAT! That moment, as a mom, makes everything worth it. This video captures exactly that....why every cheer mom and dad cut the check - because in the end it's not about how you place, it's about what you accomplished and being proud of yourself...

...and as a cheer parent (even though you don't know the folks in the video) if you're not misty between 2:28-2:42 (especially if you're a cheer DAD with a CPrince) you just haven't had that experience yet....when you do...cherish it! It's why you cut the check :) <3 Aviator <3

Back