All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP is the flyer. Working with one of our S4 girls.
374b674963163cd5bc2eb3f539102c01_zpsfb4976b5.jpg
It must be such a thrill when the little ones get the chance to be based by significantly older kids! As the mom of bases, though, from my experience younger ones who started doing advanced stunts with bigger bases - even just just for fun - often seemed to have a harder time when they came back to reality and were based by their peers during the season (they got too used to the strength and size of the older kids and relied on them to keep them up in the air without pulling up their own weight because they never needed to with the older bases).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It must be such a thrill when the little ones get the chance to be based by significantly older kids! As the mom of bases, though, from my experience younger ones who started doing advanced stunts with bigger bases - even just just for fun - often seemed to have a harder time when they came back to reality and were based by their peers during the season (they got too used to the strength and size of the older kids and relied on them to keep them up in the air without pulling up their own weight because they never needed to with the older bases).

I agree totally with you and single man and partner stunting are two separate skills.
Fortunately my CP's "peers" are already much bigger than her. She is 7 years old,40# and 44" tall. This was actually during a required partner stunt class that my CP attends once a week. This was more for the base to learn how to one man with a small flyer as an introduction to learn technique, hand placement, etc. Trust me this was not an easy stunt to pull off for either party since the base had never done it before. I am more proud of the CP who isn't mine in this picture than my own. Even though my CP had to be SUPER tight and controlled for this to even work.

Aww. Cute! Don't get too attached to career flying (speaking from experience) my fierce flyer hit a growth spurt by age 10 and became a base and is now a backspot at 13. The great thing is that having been a flyer, she's amazing underneath since she knows both sides of the stunt. If she's under it, it's not coming down, she's personally offended if her flyer falls. :)

I agree totally with you and single man and partner stunting are two separate skills.
Fortunately my CP's "peers" are already much bigger than her. She is 7 years old,40# and 44" tall. This was actually during a required partner stunt class that my CP attends once a week. This was more for the base to learn how to one man with a small flyer as an introduction to learn technique, hand placement, etc. Trust me this was not an easy stunt to pull off for either party since the base had never done it before. I am more proud of the CP who isn't mine in this picture than my own. Even though my CP had to be SUPER tight and controlled for this to even work.
Not that height is the only determining factor for a flyer but Isn't 44" average for a 7 yo girl?

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Not that height is the only determining factor for a flyer but Isn't 44" average for a 7 yo girl?

Cheer Dad = broke dad
No 44" is under the 5th percentile her weight is in the 20th percentile but she is a muscular 40 pounds just look at those abs...LOL.
The average height for a 7 yo is 48". 44" Might be average in the cheer world but not in the real world. You should walk into her 2nd grade class she is a midget in comparison.

No 44" is under the 5th percentile her weight is in the 20th percentile but she is a muscular 40 pounds just look at those abs...LOL.
The average height for a 7 yo is 48". 44" Might be average in the cheer world but not in the real world. You should walk into her 2nd grade class she is a midget in comparison.
I'll pass on walking into her class, they might call the police.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

My almost 13 year old is 55 inches and reallllly hoping for a growth spurt soon. ;) If we're talking about shorties.

I was 57 inches tall at 15...I'm now 68 inches tall at 20. Miracles do happen! And both of my parents are short :confused:

We need to stop talking in inches because I'm all kinds of lost haha

My niece is 8 1/2. Shes 4'2...thats 50 inches right? Her mom is 4'10...her dad is 6'3, so she could be finished growing in a matter of inches...or she could not. But shes very skinny...like 45 lbs.

I made it to 5'2...I'm the tallest of my sisters with the youngest being 5'1 and the other is the 4'10. My parents are 5'3 and 5'8

Back