Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by FamUsM0m, Feb 24, 2011.

1. idrive

idrive I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My oldest daughter graduated High School and signed with an outstanding college. She ended up with as close to a full ride as you can get from this school and it was the college she really wanted to attend. She has done All Star cheer since she was 6 and now moving on into the college ranks. I'm sure she will want to jump in on the Worlds team so we're probably not completely done with All Star cheer. She had always wanted to cheer in college and kept that dream in site and worked toward it for a long time. We're very proud of her and can't wait to watch her compete in Daytona and wherever STUNT will be held next year!

• Shimmy Shimmy x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. FamUsM0m

FamUsM0m When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    She's back!! So we took a two year sabbatical from the allstar cheer world. It was nice. I missed it a little but never once mentioned it to her. We got news yesterday that one of her FAVORITE dance coaches/tumble coaches has now joined her old gym....so we're back. She signed up for evals on Saturday. We'll see what team(s) she'll be on this weekend! I'm proud of her for taking a break and making this decision on her own.

3. Cinn124

Cinn124 When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    cinn
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    CP, who has been struggling with her tumbling since she entered the sport, went to her first private since her wrist injury and throws a RO to 3. She had never done more than one BHS without pausing in between. I couldn't believe it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

4. Cheerleader of the Castle

Cheerleader of the Castle I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I'm an open athlete (22yrs old) and I've always had problems when it's come to tumbling. Last Saturday during tumbling I managed a handstand to bridge all on my own! and i've continued to be able to do them this week at training, mind you my arms do tend to buckle once I land so it's not perfect, BUT! it's a step close to being able to do a front walk over!
    It's only a simple little thing and it's something that little kids just throw themselves into with out a second thought and here I am at the age of 22 jumping around like a crazy person cause I did a handstand to bridge all by my self! next step? standing up............

5. cpersichilli

cpersichilli When all else fails.... I shimmy Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    caitlinjennie
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Congrats! I'm around the same age and just started working on front walkovers too! Although my tumbling instructor won't let me start with handstand bridge. They just made me do it right over a barrel haha but it's coming along ! Keep us updated on your progress! :)

6. Cheerleader of the Castle

Cheerleader of the Castle I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    we do both. The blocks help with confidence and then we do handstand bridges and standing bridges to help with strength and flex.

7. azmom

azmom They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This is kinda late but I am very proud of my daughter and her team this past year. Her team was undefeated ending the season with a summit win. This is the first time she has been on a really successful team. (First year at Cali) Although the summit win was the most exciting the most impressive win was coming from 8th place (last) after day one to winning on day 2 at a local competition.

8. WinstonsGirl

WinstonsGirl I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    Found out tonight that I'm actually strong enough to do chin ups unassisted!! I never really tried before, cos I thought they were super hard.

9. gymmomla

gymmomla I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think he's getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Shimmy Shimmy x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. gymmomla

gymmomla I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Considering that according to his OT his motor skill level is at about half his age

11. Cinn124

Cinn124 When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    cinn
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    So after 3 years of trying and frustration and struggle, CP finally got her BWO! I cried. All of a sudden it was just there. The surprise is evident in my voice (pardon the deep voice I was a little emotional).

12. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    She looked so happy!!!! Congrats to your cp

13. Nikki Moore

Nikki Moore I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Nixxy311
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Not cheer related - but non-CP's All Star SB team just won the the GA State Championship and is going to the World Series next week...They played 6 games in 100 degree heat over the weekend and were undefeated!

Cheer related - CP is getting much closer to her BH on the floor at the gym!

14. Mndl

Mndl Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    CP is still in cheer limbo while we wait to find out if we will be moving, but she has been tumbling 2-3 days a week at her original gym since it's so close to us. In the last two weeks something just clicked and she got her ROBHSBT, ROBT and handspring back tuck( though she says that one still needs work). Her new goal is a standing back tuck by August 1st-lol. Now if we could just find out if we will be staying or moving so she could actually have a chance to cheer this year...

• Shimmy Shimmy x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. LoveOnTop

LoveOnTop I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    A different kind of brag post... I knew I was going to own a gym since I was 16. Well I'm almost 25 and it's finally happening.
    It's scary, but I am loving every second of it. It's a small town with no gyms in driving distance. I contacted a local school to rent their gym. I borrowed mats from the HS cheer coach. I somehow managed to get 25 kids, and I'm looking to get at least 35 for the season. I recently found a small 1800sf warehouse that cost less than the school gym, so I'll be signing my first commercial property lease in a few days! I will teach tumbling classes, and I have a dance teacher for dance classes and a competition Hip Hop team. This is all incredibly terrifying but the thrill of owning my own business makes it so worth it. This program has become my life, and I'm constantly thinking of ways to make it better. I have wonderful kids and parents who are so excited. My only investment so far has been a tumble track, and I recently purchased 3 mats and a landing mat (why are mats so expensive!!!!) Anyway, everything is going better than expected, and I am extremely happy :p