All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A different kind of brag post... I knew I was going to own a gym since I was 16. Well I'm almost 25 and it's finally happening.
It's scary, but I am loving every second of it. It's a small town with no gyms in driving distance. I contacted a local school to rent their gym. I borrowed mats from the HS cheer coach. I somehow managed to get 25 kids, and I'm looking to get at least 35 for the season. I recently found a small 1800sf warehouse that cost less than the school gym, so I'll be signing my first commercial property lease in a few days! I will teach tumbling classes, and I have a dance teacher for dance classes and a competition Hip Hop team. This is all incredibly terrifying but the thrill of owning my own business makes it so worth it. This program has become my life, and I'm constantly thinking of ways to make it better. I have wonderful kids and parents who are so excited. My only investment so far has been a tumble track, and I recently purchased 3 mats and a landing mat (why are mats so expensive!!!!) Anyway, everything is going better than expected, and I am extremely happy :p

This sounds like the new team that has started up near my CP's team. Good luck with your first season! Maybe we will be seeing you guys at a competition.

I forgot to post this but I'm so excited still haha. At my old gym I flew in one stunt and basically nuggeted for everything except dance and jumps, plus the one stunt. I just came to my new gym and at choreography my stunt group got center for baskets and elite stunt! I'm so excited and I know it will be a lot of work and pressure, but luckily I have the best bases and back I could ask for!

Forgot to post!! CP is on Senior 3 Glam! She's loving it so much! So much less stress, loves the team, coaches, bond, traditions, everything. This team is known for its traditions and we're very excited to be a part of it this year GG4L!
Matty is one of my favs!! great coach!

My CP has been having a mental block on her back walk over after breaking her arm last year. She hasn't been able to do it without someone touching her back since she was cleared to tumble but last night when I got to practice to pick her up she along with her teammates came running up to me and said CP had told her coach she wanted to try by herself and she did it! Her teammates were just as excited and told me come watch it! So excited for her to get over this!

My last year of allstars (3 years ago) I was working my round off handspring tuck on spring floor. I graduated and have been on a college team but have never thrown more than back handsprings. We got a new tumbling coach and last night I did a handspring tuck for the first time in my life on a dead mat on the basketball court!

After almost 2 years of intermittently being willing to throw or not on the tumble track, my CP landed a ROBHS tuck on rod floor for the first time last night, then proceeded to throw about 20. She has been SO hard on herself through this whole process, so to see her get that moment last night where the whole gym stopped to watch her throw it was priceless. It still has a way to go to be mat ready, but she is finally moving forward.

ETA: she landed it on the floor today!!!

Last edited:
Happy to post my baby, my daughter, started HS 2 weeks ago and cheered in her 1st game on Thursday, Alright girls!

PS: My daughter is the taller cheerleader...
14425501_856297001166980_7417930540963213873_o.jpg

Last edited:
We had a dress rehearsal tonight because the first competition for some of our teams is tomorrow and they looked SO good! I'm so in love with the gym I coach for and I'm excited my show team cheer children coincidentally had practice at the same time and got to see what they could become in a few years if they stick with it. They also did the mannequin challenge and I'm amazed that a group of 4-7 year olds could stay still for that long. I wish I could share it but the girl who took it set the post to private :(

Back