L1 Cradle From Double Base, 2 Legged Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 9, 2010
I'm a bit confused by the dismount/release moves for level 1. If I have two bases under a two leg prep, one holding foot and ankle to make the prep legal, but no "back spot," can I legally pop cradle?

Andre
drewpate

I would have to consult with les about this, the topic came up two summers ago, I can't remember the details of the conversation though, but here's how I would reason it out.

If you have a single based prep (coed style where one base has both feet) then it's legal.

However if you so it like a normal prep, illegal. Not really to do with the cradle, but if you only have have two bases, and one with a spotter grip on one leg and the other base on one leg. You are basically saying its a one leg stunt ( since the spotter is not a base) so its only being based on on one leg. Now this was what was brought up in one conversation I had, so in not 100% it's illegal.
Maybe Andre can clarify this further than I can. Sorry if that was wordy and confusing

I think it's legal but I wouldn't advise it because as a flyer I can tell the backspot does the majority of the actual catching... If your girls can do it then it's fine but it's a bit risky. Make sure they're fine with it.

I think it's legal but I wouldn't advise it because as a flyer I can tell the backspot does the majority of the actual catching... If your girls can do it then it's fine but it's a bit risky. Make sure they're fine with it.
My kids don't make their own decisions on what they're fine with. If they did, we'd never try the things they're hitting perfectly now.

Fortunately, I have great bases that catch correctly. We cradle in our pyramid with back spots, but they're 2 feet shorter than their bases and don't do much. Basically just there for legal purposes. I know my kids are perfectly capable, I just want to make sure I won't get hit with a legal-deduction.

I have personally spoken to Les about this exact topic. It is legal to do this from either a single or double base stunt. I agree that it isn't recommended, but it is legal with the spotter grip. It's a loophole in the spotter definition that makes it legal.

Latest posts

Back