All-Star Large Senior All Girl 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think numbers are the issue here, no one will break that top 3, it's a fact. As talented as the other gyms are, the only team with a chance would be Cheer Athletics or Cali (if they wanted to go into large senior, which I'm assuming they don't), so why bother? I mean yeah, it's an easy 4th, but that still means last.

:banghead:
i just want more Lrg Sr teams & can someone confirm on CA because I thought I had figured out today they are staying Med. but now they arent?... I'm SO confused.
confirmation please?

Panthers are medium. They may add a girl or two for Majors just to meet those guidelines, but they are medium for NCA and Worlds and every other competition except Indy. I would assume that Fame & Marlins are in the same situation.

Panthers are medium. They may add a girl or two for Majors just to meet those guidelines, but they are medium for NCA and Worlds and every other competition except Indy. I would assume that Fame & Marlins are in the same situation.

The real question is... how long is it worth to keep a division around with only 3 teams?

The real question is... how long is it worth to keep a division around with only 3 teams?

Good question. On one hand, they tried to get rid of Youth 5 which has quite a few more than 3 teams. I believe axing mini 3 has been brought up as well. I know for the youth 5 part of the reasoning was that there wasn't really any competition for them, especially at the local level. What sets large senior apart is that going into that division, the parents and athletes know that it is an expensive division to be in because most of the competitions that they participate in require driving long distances or flying. Based on what I heard about Worlds last year, the large senior division definately has a following (judging by the fact that if the fire marshall would have come up in there he probably would have shut the place down...) and I am sure that the powers-that-be are very aware that the large senior division sells tickets!

Good question. On one hand, they tried to get rid of Youth 5 which has quite a few more than 3 teams. I believe axing mini 3 has been brought up as well. I know for the youth 5 part of the reasoning was that there wasn't really any competition for them, especially at the local level. What sets large senior apart is that going into that division, the parents and athletes know that it is an expensive division to be in because most of the competitions that they participate in require driving long distances or flying. Based on what I heard about Worlds last year, the large senior division definately has a following (judging by the fact that if the fire marshall would have come up in there he probably would have shut the place down...) and I am sure that the powers-that-be are very aware that the large senior division sells tickets!

I actually think youth 5 has a definite place in cheerleading, but the rules needed to resemble more restricted. Mini 3 doesn't really have a place. That division might have more competition recitals than large senior.

I just point back to the fact that I was saying the second you make a division size 30 everyone will want to get into it because it is so attractive from a logistics and coaching standpoint (and has NOTHING to do with the big 3... it is so hard for people to realize that... even if just one team remained [WC/CEA/F5] I doubt more than one other gym would join it). I still want to get all divisions down to 30.

I think that it is those particular teams that spark the interest, not the fact that the large division has a 36 max. It's not like moving to a single 30 team division will make F5, SE, SS any less popular or make those teams go away.

I think that it is those particular teams that spark the interest, not the fact that the large division has a 36 max. It's not like moving to a single 30 team division will make F5, SE, SS any less popular or make those teams go away.

Idea I had. Large Medium Small - 30, 25, 20. The medium division only pops up if there is enough teams to divide and helps prevent that division A and B thing? And I think a team of 20 can be competitive against a team of 25 and a team of 25 against a team of 30. So it would allow subdivision when needed. Basically gyms could worry less about meeting specific numbers. What do you think?

Idea I had. Large Medium Small - 30, 25, 20. The medium division only pops up if there is enough teams to divide and helps prevent that division A and B thing? And I think a team of 20 can be competitive against a team of 25 and a team of 25 against a team of 30. So it would allow subdivision when needed. Basically gyms could worry less about meeting specific numbers. What do you think?
So you are saying that the splits would first go large and small, THEN split medium and large if numbers warranted? At first glance, that would work for me.

So you are saying that the splits would first go large and small, THEN split medium and large if numbers warranted? At first glance, that would work for me.

And if there aren't enough in large and small to split they would be combined. I do think a team of 20 can be competitive with a team of 30 (5 stunts to 7 stunts).

And if there aren't enough in large and small to split they would be combined. I do think a team of 20 can be competitive with a team of 30 (5 stunts to 7 stunts).

I am hoping we are talking about Levels 1-4 here. I don't see a need for those breakdowns in Level 5.

Back