All-Star Large Senior Breakdowns

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She is a hoot. And I know she will not mind being known as the "black girl" so don't worry about that at all. I'm kidding a bit, and I know you did not mean it that way from the spirit of your post, but we do need to move past this color thing a bit. I have never heard the "white girl" flying point or similar. I think there are 9-10 "black girls" on SE, everyone here just thinks of them as friends and teamates.

Agreed, I felt odd every time reading that pharse that people continued to post. Oh well, society these days?!?!?

She is a hoot. And I know she will not mind being known as the "black girl" so don't worry about that at all. I'm kidding a bit, and I know you did not mean it that way from the spirit of your post, but we do need to move past this color thing a bit. I have never heard the "white girl" flying point or similar. I think there are 9-10 "black girls" on SE, everyone here just thinks of them as friends and teamates.

If there was a primarily African American or Latino team, and a Caucasian person moved to point at one particular part of the dance, I would refer to her as "That white girl who becomes point at X:XX"
I was just trying to make an identification.

Also, I would prefer knowing her name. Now that I know it Ill refer to her as Asha:)

Not that this is the place to have a racial discussion...but I don't see anything wrong with using skin color as an identifier, just as you would hair color or a knee brace or something. Nothing wrong with acknowledging someone's skin color unless you're associating it directly with something negative. I'm sure those girls are proud!

Maybe it's too personal of a thing to speak about, IDK. (Will delete if anyone is offended...)

IMO i think people are blinded by CEA's 360 and excessive tik toks to see that F5 or another team could beat them, .

Courtney's really gotten wasteful with her routine time. Tick tocks? They should just go straight up and hit a lib cradle. The triple tick tock doesn't even showcase talent. It's just superfluous. Stunting isn't even a major part of the scoresheet, after all.

You're right about people being blinded by it...or it could be the great jumps, tumbling, baskets, dance or pyramid or overall performance they have. IDK.

Not that this is the place to have a racial discussion...but I don't see anything wrong with using skin color as an identifier, just as you would hair color or a knee brace or something. Nothing wrong with acknowledging someone's skin color unless you're associating it directly with something negative. I'm sure those girls are proud!

Maybe it's too personal of a thing to speak about, IDK. (Will delete if anyone is offended...)

I was considering calling her "The girl with the Epic bangs", but I was worried people would give me the wrong name;)

Highlight, Command + C :)

Thanks
biggrin.png

Back