Large vs Small Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
If I counted right, Large Senior has 4 paid bids and Small Senior has 10 paid bids out there. We all know there are alot more small teams but the cost is a huge incentive to give more small team bids than large team bids. Are there future plans to make small vs large and all girl vs coed bids given out more uniformly?

heart33 said:
If I counted right, Large Senior has 4 paid bids and Small Senior has 10 paid bids out there. We all know there are alot more small teams but the cost is a huge incentive to give more small team bids than large team bids. Are there future plans to make small vs large and all girl vs coed bids given out more uniformly?

Not at the moment.

The event producers essentially have complete control on how they distribute the bids. I have seen some define it ahead of time as "1 small & 1 large" or "1 all-girl & 1 coed". Most, however, just give it to the highest scores, regardless of gender or size.

And because of the number of participants in smaller divisions vs. larger divisions it would make sense that more are given to the smaller division teams.

If only there were a way to even out the numbers of large and small teams . . .

And with fewer bids being given to large senior, I understand less teams will be at Worlds. Maybe only 10-11 will be making the trip. Is Pittsburgh SuperStars going? Fame? Very good teams.

At Cheersport, no large senior bids were given. Only 1 all-girl bid was given out of their 6-7 bids.
At Battle at the Capital, no large senior bids were given.
At COA, no large senior bids were given.
But with only 4 paid bids out there to the "Big 4", I could go on and on.

Believe me, I hope cost is not a factor for these companies. And, I realize that some of these companies gave a large coed team their bid. Yes, it's usually by score but often by different judging panels. Large Senior is getting overlooked this year....in my opinion.

I think it is 25K each company promises no matter what. I am not sure if they get to keep any not used, so I dont think cost is a factor.

BlueCat... if only.... I think someone suggested crossovers.....

Paid bids are UP to $25000 MAX, but not guaranteed that you'll get that much. It could lead to the assumption that a small team may be less expensive to give a paid bid too.

Event producers pay up to 25K. If it is less, they keep the difference. If it is more, the team pays the difference.

so there is economic advantage to giving bids to smaller teams?

Kingston said:
so there is economic advantage to giving bids to smaller teams?

Yes. An event producer could easily save $10,000 by giving a bid to a small team instead of a large one.

You could just as easily make the argument that an event producer would save even more money to give the bid to a team that is located within driving distance of Orlando.

well, they should probably make it so the event companies pay 25k no matter what for the bid and it goes into the hands of the usasf (shudder). then whatever is not used on the teams can go towards strengthening on the usasf AND it makes the bid awarding decisions completely neutral.

Latest posts

Back