All-Star Largest All Star Program By State?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok just wondering. I own a small gym of about 70 athletes. We do really well with no crossovers. The reason I'm asking is that I'm in the middle of writing an article for Spirit Post about this. It is my opinion that crossovers is a competitive advantage for bigger gyms because there are no crossover rules currently in place. I don't want to high jack the thread so you'll have to wait for the article to be released to get the explanation behind my madness.
Of all of the rules that I have heard "are there to benefit the big gyms", this is a new one. I guess I could see how it theoretically could be abused by a large program, but my experience is that there is really only one "big" program that has more than a handful of crossovers. Most have a very small percentage of their athletes doing more than one team.

Of all of the rules that I have heard "are there to benefit the big gyms", this is a new one. I guess I could see how it theoretically could be abused by a large program, but my experience is that there is really only one "big" program that has more than a handful of crossovers. Most have a very small percentage of their athletes doing more than one team.
I know one, who has more than a handfull! and crossing over to 3 teams with in that gym I saw it last weekend! and they say they are a large gym..I guess to each their own

After reading Stingrays half yr team it got me thinking, who actually has the largest all star program by state? The most amount of cheerleaders and how many teams they have. Any ideas?
Its got to be a team or two in Texas! That is a 99.9% Cheerleading state!

I did not say it was a rule to benefit large gyms. I'm certain many small gyms take advantage of this rule and it was put in place to benefit them. But I believe, at the moment, allowing crossovers is a competitive advantage for larger gyms. And I believe that gym's competing athletes on a level lower than their ability is such an issue that it is the reason why NCA has taken steps to prevent it at their nationals. Many reputatable large gyms do not misuse crossovers; However, there is more than one large gym that does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update... ACE ATL just added 100 athletes to its half year program. That brings the count to 55 teams and 1,300 athletes.

Back