All-Star Largest Cheer Competition Ever, Cheersport Has Over 900 Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Cheersport is currenlty over 900 teams.

Holy shnikies thats big.

Cheersport will always be my number 2 fav comp... Behind Worlds, of course :) So well organized and ON TIME! They're very hospitable and informative. This is why they'll only continue to grow !

WOW!!! Texas is going next season! Yall have fun! I bet its going to be a heck of an experience!!

I wish we were going this year!! Such a fun competition but it's on the schedule for next year!!!

Love love love the competition, hate the score sheet/deduction system though. If they would make their score sheet more like NCA's, I would be begging Orson to take us back again. Until then, not interested.

With the universal scoresheet this will be fixed. That will be the best thing ever to happen to cheersport.

i hate reading comments that say i love this or that, but i really really really love cheersport nats!

Well with 900 teams it doesn't seem they need to "fix"anything

I think the scoresheet is why it draws so many people in the first place. It is one of the only competitions that an underdog can come in and over take a big dog who happened to have a touch-down or a stunt fall and become a National Champion. I don't like it a bit and disagree with the system. But I do think that is the draw.

Well with 900 teams it doesn't seem they need to "fix"anything
I think the scoresheet is why it draws so many people in the first place. It is one of the only competitions that an underdog can come in and over take a big dog who happened to have a touch-down or a stunt fall and become a National Champion. I don't like it a bit and disagree with the system. But I do think that is the draw.

I would say it is more in the heart of cheerleading, and that is why it has grown so big. Atlanta is hands down the best city out of all of them for a cheerleading competition. It is the cheapest to fly into (in general). Atlanta is the most center of all the big cheerleading areas (Florida, Jersey, Texas, Kentucky, the Carolinas) are all within driving OR easy flying distance. Atlanta is very affordable for what you get (as compared to Orlando where everything is gawd awful expensive) and there is more to do (not a huge fan of all Dallas has to offer). The convention center where it is at gives CheerSport plenty of room to grow. Though it is huge there is space we arent using. It could grow to house as many as 2000 teams (though I would not want to even try to watch Top Gun with everyone pushing each other around). If Worlds ever had to be relocated (please!) Atlanta is the most ideal spot (but I wont even kid myself into thinking people would put it there).

Cheersport did its part by building a REALLY strong base. Not on its scoresheet, but being the first to use spring floor and a level system. (remember all the major competitions used to not want spring floor... I forget why). They have tried to come across other really big selling points in cheerleading itself (video replay and the extra floor markings) but the industry has matured to a point where I don't think there are that many more gigantic gains to be made with what goes on the floor itself. Cheersports scoresheet isn't that good as a whole except that underdogs can win (so there is a bit of excitement in that sense). Logistically they move people around well, they run on time thanks to their back to back floors and their nice long warmups (those stretching floors are the buffer) and have it designed to allow you to crossover your kids 17 times and not be a problem (which is why they are 50/50 and reverse performance order).

Love Cheersport. They also continue to grow because they listen and act. If there is a problem, you can rest assured they will have it corrected as soon as humanly possible.

cheersport is a great workout

I am thinking it might not be as strenuous this year with the new arena set-up. Fingers crossed for less running!
smile.png

Back