College Learning College Level Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2014
Does anyone have any advice or drills for learning college level stunts? My team only did preps last year, and this year, we finally have a coach, so we want to step up our stunting. Any help would be so appreciated! :D

If you were only capable of preps last year, please take the time to properly progress through the different levels before attempting college-level stunts.
What would you say to focus on? I really don't know the progressions of stunting. We were planning on going over all of the basics and working toward full team extensions before we attempt anything else, but i would just like an idea of what progressions lead to collegiate level stunts and pyramids.

I would say to have your coach look into a skills clinic or camp where instructors can come to you to give you guys insight on new skills and progressions.
I would honestly love for this to happen, but we have such a small budget that it most likely isn't an option. Not unless you know of a relatively cheap clinic?

I am not sure the cost, but i know having instructors come out to your school is more cost effective than attending camp.

Last weekend my wife and I taught a 3 day camp for a small college team with UCA, team chose that route based on budget, so it seems fairly low cost. Sorry i don't have any exact numbers.

I would have your coach reach out to your local rep/state director to inquire :)

I am not sure the cost, but i know having instructors come out to your school is more cost effective than attending camp.

Last weekend my wife and I taught a 3 day camp for a small college team with UCA, team chose that route based on budget, so it seems fairly low cost. Sorry i don't have any exact numbers.

I would have your coach reach out to your local rep/state director to inquire :)
I just reached out to the person from UCA that handles the home camps! And i found the price per person depending on days and amount of people. Its a little more expensive than i would have hoped, but I'm hoping that with our new budget proposal, the school will give us the money to learn things the proper way.

I just reached out to the person from UCA that handles the home camps! And i found the price per person depending on days and amount of people. Its a little more expensive than i would have hoped, but I'm hoping that with our new budget proposal, the school will give us the money to learn things the proper way.
Great news!
Definitely mention to them skills, the safety, certification of the instruction, etc. so that they understand the importance of the money being spent and how it can minimize AD risk and maximize your team's efforts at games and events :) best of luck!

Back