Votes: 11 21.2%
  • The Tumbling

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • None

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tbh, I love every facet of the cheer routine, but if I must select a part of the routine that I will pause my tape to rush off to the restroom, it will have to be during the jump sequence...js

Probably the dance is the least interesting - of course, that's unless it's my CP's team and they just hit everything perfectly up that point then it's the best ;).

From a coaching standpoint, the pyramid is my least favorite because it is like a game of Jenga. One part/piece is off and it crumbles.

Not my least favorite but working on pyramid is torture because the athletes are all so close together and they just are way too tempted to talk [emoji58] the athletes on my teams never really talk (excessively) during practice until we get to pyramid, and then they can't stop talking because all their best friends are standing right next to them. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a coaching standpoint, the pyramid is my least favorite because it is like a game of Jenga. One part/piece is off and it crumbles.

I agree, the pyramid makes me sick to my stomach.. We have a hit board at practice to show how many times our groups hit the stunts for the week and the pyramid part of the board is called "Pyramid of death" lol

Jumps. Because it's not just one gorgeous toe touch anymore. It's triple whip star jack popcorn crap. For the most part anyway. I know there are amazing teams and kids that can do them amazingly. Including my older, higher level teams.
But teaching rookies a toe touch is hard enough so I HATE trying to perfect mini 1 (and even Sr 1 or youth 2) triple jump sequences. And it's usually the worst part of any routine.

I hate jumps.

As an athlete: Baskets. I hate baskets. I hate throwing them. I hate practicing/drilling them especially if I have a flyer who doesn't understand how to stand up and rips up my hands. Or the whole hoping they do everything while they're released correctly and I don't have to be fearful for both our lives while still trying to catch them falling from 12 feet in the air. I jus had baskets.
Asa spectator: tumbling. Particularly running. Unless something creative is going on it boring. It's all the same skills team after team at each level. I'd just as soon cut that part out of a video. It's almost like watching people run back and forth over and over to no real avail.

Jumps. Because it's not just one gorgeous toe touch anymore. It's triple whip star jack popcorn crap. For the most part anyway. I know there are amazing teams and kids that can do them amazingly. Including my older, higher level teams.
But teaching rookies a toe touch is hard enough so I HATE trying to perfect mini 1 (and even Sr 1 or youth 2) triple jump sequences. And it's usually the worst part of any routine.

I hate jumps.

AMEN!! Can't level 1 be 1 jump, level 2 two jumps, and level 3+ three jumps? Let's get that jump technique and progression like we do with everything else!

Back