All-Star Leaving To New Gym To See Coach?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
Is leaving your current gym (after the cheer season is over) and going to another gym to be coached by a different coach (because he was a good coach before he left my other gym) considered a good reason or a bad reason to leave?

to be honest I don't think it matters if it's a "good" or "bad" reason. You're a customer, and you're free to leave with whatever reason you choose, without an explanation even really necessary. But yes, if you've finished your year commitment I think leaving to follow a coach is totally okay

to be honest I don't think it matters if it's a "good" or "bad" reason. You're a customer, and you're free to leave with whatever reason you choose, without an explanation even really necessary. But yes, if you've finished your year commitment I think leaving to follow a coach is totally okay
thank you C:

There is nothing "wrong" with leaving for that reason. That said if it were my daughter I would really want her to consider the whole picture before moving for that one reason: is she happy with the rest of her current program? has there been general stability or are many coaches moving, what do we know about the new gym, etc

It is your money and time and effort. If you are leaving because the gym colors bother you and you feel the uniforms are fugly, that's fine. If you don't like the carpet, that's fine. You don't owe anyone any justification.

I switched gyms 2 seasons ago, while I did have my reasons, I still felt guilty for no reason. So, a way my dad explained it to me was in the form of a business. If you always bought cookies from a bakery, but then you started not liking the cookies, you would go to a new bakery. My dad said that Cheerleading is a business and where you want to cheer is a business decision. Doesn't matter the reason, if you want to go somewhere else, invest your money in the better product.

I don't see a problem with leaving a gym post season, however, make sure
1. that the coach you're following will be in charge of the team you will be on. (It would be terrible if you left only to be coached by a different coach)
2. that you consider all the other differences too (new teammates, new uniform expense, traveling expenses if applicable, etc)

Just my humble 2 cents worth.

Back