Leg Strength

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 41136

In my routine, we are doing an assisted toss to extension. The girls that are basing me are very strong and work extremely well together. I need to increase my leg strength to help push off and get to that extension. Would doing certain exercises help me build enough strength to get my butt up there? Would doing this also help with my back handsprings?

I am flying in that same kind of stunt. Honestly, it's not really about leg strength- but pushing off is crucial! Make sure you have a firm grip on their shoulders, and you don't just use your arms, also push off with your foot (assuming you are doing the walk in grip). Lean over your foot a bit and push with all of your might! It should feel like a little arm workout. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we were at practice last night and we had a guy come in to tryout. He was very good at putting it up and keeping it there. We haven't really practiced pop offs from a prep coed stunt. Anyways, when he popped me, my left leg crumbled and my ankle rolled under my knee and I sat down. I wore my knee brace all day at school, except for dance. Based on today's class, I might need to wear it tomorrow in class. Would i look weird with my knee brace over my black leggings?

So we were at practice last night and we had a guy come in to tryout. He was very good at putting it up and keeping it there. We haven't really practiced pop offs from a prep coed stunt. Anyways, when he popped me, my left leg crumbled and my ankle rolled under my knee and I sat down. I wore my knee brace all day at school, except for dance. Based on today's class, I might need to wear it tomorrow in class. Would i look weird with my knee brace over my black leggings?
Not as weird as you would look if you wore them underneath.

Back