OT Let's Talk Cheerleading! (so Much Disrespect) (rant)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
There's a big difference between being uneducated and not knowing enough about cheer to understand it.

ETA: Not to be negative Nancy but I think that if you're a cheerleader you just have to learn how to let the ignorance of others roll off your back. It's just a part of the "sport". You can't escape it. Every single sport has stereotypes that are just that. Football players are probably just as tired of the "dumb jock who only thinks with their (you know what goes here)" stereotype as we are of ours. The faster you learn to roll your eyes and forget about it, the happier you'll be. At some point it won't even bother you.

I just see people who play sports just as athletes and not with all of these fanfic stereotypes C:

It pisses the *beep* out of me that they even call themselves cheerleaders!!!!!!! Like, why don't they call themselves pom dancers?
From a marketing standpoint, what has a better ring to it: DCC or DCPD?

They're not cheerleaders obviously but they're the group on the sidelines "cheering" on the team. Yes, it gives some people a distorted view of what cheer is but most people can tell that they're dancing and not cheering. Even the show based on DCC makes it clear they're looking for dancers.

Like OWEcheer said, the present groups didn't choose their name and changing it now, after having established the brand of xyz cheerleaders, would be silly.

Back