All-Star Leve 3 Tumbling Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
I thought I knew the answer to this, but now I'm second guessing and would like some input!

What would this pass be considered:
Standing backhandspring, (stepout/turn around), power hurdle roundoff tuck.

Is this considered a specialty pass?
Is the BHS not considered an entry into a running pass so it's a standing tumbling AND then the running pass?

I hope I explained this clearly!

lol i actually do this in my routine, we consider it specialty standing tumbling.
i do a stand handspring step out round off handspring tuck!

lol i actually do this in my routine, we consider it specialty standing tumbling.
i do a stand handspring step out round off handspring tuck!

Do the judges then score this on your standing tumbling and NOT the running tumbling on the score sheet?

i think standing, since you dont run to start it.

The level 3 team I coach does standing h.s step out 1/2 turn r.o h.s tuck and we have been maxing out are Standing tumbling degree of difficulty score at every competition so far!! We also do three jumps to double handspring so that could help out are standing score as well.

i thought that would be illegal if you connected everything in level three because i thought you couldnt have tucks in the standing tumbling section.....learn something new everyday!

i thought that would be illegal if you connected everything in level three because i thought you couldnt have tucks in the standing tumbling section.....learn something new everyday!

Out if the h.s stepout we do roundoff h.s tucks so it makes it legal. We just get judged for it in standing because it starts with a standing h.s

I find this really interesting! I would NEVER had thought it to be considered standing tumbling as most score grids I've come across says "standing series backhandsprings" and wouldn't have that pass scored as standing. Very interesting!

It's a "gray area" in a way. The first line under Level 3 standing tumbling says No Flips Allowed. This would mean that if it was judged as standing tumbling it would technically be illegal (to me). However I have had them in my level three routines for years and I've always had high scores on Standing and when comments have been made about them on a scoresheet it has been on my Standing Section. So what is it? Technically Running, but I have mostly seen it scored as Standing.

Well maybe we are getting scored in running but when the put comments about it they put it in our S.T section. Now im not totally sure lol We have been maxing out in running & standing tumbling so having those passes in has definitely been helping us somewhere lol

So I emailed JamBrands about this because I was curious what a EP would say and I was told it is "both a standing and running pass but not a specialty for either element".

Interesting! I think I'll contact a few other EP and see if they all agree or not...

The standing BHS is part of your standing score (which is not helping your score much because it's only 1), then as soon as you do a roundoff it's considered running.

Back