Level 1 Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 14, 2013
is it legal in level 1 for two flyers, both of whom are braced separately by hand by people on the floor, to hold each other's legs in hitch and L-stand position?

So there are two separate braced two legged preps whose flyers then transition to hitch and then L-stand with the other one legged prep level flyer holding their foot.

is it legal in level 1 for two flyers, both of whom are braced separately by hand by people on the floor, to hold each other's legs in hitch and L-stand position?

So there are two separate braced two legged preps whose flyers then transition to hitch and then L-stand with the other one legged prep level flyer holding their foot.

If I understand correctly, no - prep level bracers need to have both feet in the bases hand - if the flyer (bracer) holding the foot is in a one-legged prep level stunt, it makes it illegal.

If I understand correctly, no - prep level bracers need to have both feet in the bases hand - if the flyer (bracer) holding the foot is in a one-legged prep level stunt, it makes it illegal.
Thanks! That was my thought too but then my assistant suggested that maybe they technically aren't bracers since the stunts are braced by people on the floor and one legged prep stunts only need one bracer. We will probably stick a shoulder sit in between to hold the feet but now I'm curious.

Thanks! That was my thought too but then my assistant suggested that maybe they technically aren't bracers since the stunts are braced by people on the floor and one legged prep stunts only need one bracer. We will probably stick a shoulder sit in between to hold the feet but now I'm curious.

If they have someone standing on the ground bracing them then yes it's legal. But this person can't be involved with actually basing them.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Ahh, I missed that there was still an additional person on the ground bracing! Then, yep it's legal. *learn to read!* :D

Last edited:
Back