Level 1 Pyramid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

VTX

Jun 11, 2011
So I was reading the new glossary to see if the grip my level 2 pyramid is using is legal and noticed the change in definition of a pyramid. My level 1 team's pyramid has 2 below prep stunts conected to a person on the floor and then a prep level lib conected to a person on the floor. With the new definition would they receive pyramid points?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

So I was reading the new glossary to see if the grip my level 2 pyramid is using is legal and noticed the change in definition of a pyramid. My level 1 team's pyramid has 2 below prep stunts conected to a person on the floor and then a prep level lib conected to a person on the floor. With the new definition would they receive pyramid points?

It depends on what section the portion of the routine it is in and if you are wanting it to countas a "picture" or a "transition". Also, does each stunt have their own bracer on the floor so they are 3 separate stunts? Or is the floor bracer the middle and the connection of the 2 stunts (stunt, bracer, stunt, bracer, stunt)?

If it is during your pyramid section, it will most likely be counted as a skill/transition and not a picture. This is depending on if it is 3 separate stunts (not a picture) or 2 floor bracers are used to connect all of the stunts (picture).

Do you have a picture or a video?

I can't get a picture until Thursday. I have 2 stomach level stunts that hitch onto a person standing on the floor. Then I only have enough bases (because my smallest 2 athletes litteraly go cry in the corner if I put them in a prep level stunt) to build 1 prep level lib and conect it to a person on the floor.

I can't get a picture until Thursday. I have 2 stomach level stunts that hitch onto a person standing on the floor. Then I only have enough bases (because my smallest 2 athletes litteraly go cry in the corner if I put them in a prep level stunt) to build 1 prep level lib and conect it to a person on the floor.

If it is during a clearly designated "pyramid section" then I think you'll be fine. Sounds like you have a pretty small (7 kids?) and young team so the judges should be able to distinguish that. I've seen small mini and youth teams do similar type pyramids.

I don't think you'll get a picture for the prep level lib unless you brace her on both sides since they say it isn't a pyramid this year but you'll at least get credit as a transitional skill at least. Could you build a shoulder sit with the 2 extra girls and have that brace the prep lib?

You can also have the tummy level stunts brace each other too (paper doll style) for a more level appropriate picture.

If it is during a clearly designated "pyramid section" then I think you'll be fine. Sounds like you have a pretty small (7 kids?) and young team so the judges should be able to distinguish that. I've seen small mini and youth teams do similar type pyramids.

I don't think you'll get a picture for the prep level lib unless you brace her on both sides since they say it isn't a pyramid this year but you'll at least get credit as a transitional skill at least. Could you build a shoulder sit with the 2 extra girls and have that brace the prep lib?

You can also have the tummy level stunts brace each other too (paper doll style) for a more level appropriate picture.
My 2 left on the floor are both itybitty and are the ones who freak out when lifted above stomach level. I'm mostly worried because the definition of pyramid says 2 stunts

My 2 left on the floor are both itybitty and are the ones who freak out when lifted above stomach level. I'm mostly worried because the definition of pyramid says 2 stunts connected, makes me worried my hitch won't count since they're conected to a person not stunt....maybe my flyers can reach each other behind the hitch

Back