Level 1 Stunt Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
So is a level 1 team allowed to have one base in a single leg stunt if the flyer is connected to another person on the ground? Such as: the flyer is connected with both hands to a person in front of them, but only has one person holding the foot/leg at prep level (and they did say an arabesque). The connection happened before the flyer was at prep level also. Would that be legal or illegal?

Yes, if it's a separate person - cannot be one of the bases of the stunt. You'd need a spotter for the stunt also.

The other thing to be cautious with, although I have yet to see it enforced, is that having a 1-legged stunt at prep level with a connection to a separate person on the ground technically makes that a pyramid, not a stunt. So, make sure other Level 1 legal stunts are in the routine to make sure that points are earned for stunts.

I recently saw a squad perform something like this but there were 2 bases and an additional person in front that maintained a hand-hand connection. They got a warning saying that it was illegal.

Another question also:
for extensions, the girls are in a diamond formation and have the two sides extended. The back middle flyer is in a prep, the front middle flyer is in an extended straddle sit (so all of the flyers remain connected with hand-hand contact). Is this legal or would the straddle sit be considered another extended stunt?

I recently saw a squad perform something like this but there were 2 bases and an additional person in front that maintained a hand-hand connection. They got a warning saying that it was illegal.

Another question also:
for extensions, the girls are in a diamond formation and have the two sides extended. The back middle flyer is in a prep, the front middle flyer is in an extended straddle sit (so all of the flyers remain connected with hand-hand contact). Is this legal or would the straddle sit be considered another extended stunt?

An extended straddle sit is considered a prep level stunt.

Back