Level 1 Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
Roundoff rebound to prone.... It doesn't actually specify whether that means rebound forward to prone or rebound bakwards and half turn to prone. To me, i would think its unnatural to roundoff and then rebound in the opposite direction of travel, but then wouldnt that technically be a half turn stunt entry, which is illegal? Also, if im only using 2 catchers to catch her out if the rebound and the 2 catchers reload to sponge. They are ok without a back until they actually go up to prep, correct?

Sorry, that was not phrased clearly lol... A. Roundoff rebound forward to prone = unnatural to me
B. Roundoff rebound backwards with a 1/2 turn to prone seems illegal for level 1, because it's a 1/2 turn stunt entry

The clarification under Level 1 Stunts C. makes it so your scenario B is legal, since it specifies 1/2 twist to stomach.

Here's the rule:
Clarification: Rebounding to a prone position (½ twist to stomach) in a stunt is allowed in Level 1.

You could do scenario A, too, but I agree that it would be kind of unnatural, lol. You'd have to completely change the tumbler/flyer's momentum.

Oh sh$t lol.... I only re-read the part in the general rules, because I had it hilighted. Got it, thanks!

Back