Level 1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 14, 2013
I have a question about our level 1 pyramid transitions. Unfortunately I do not have a video.

1st transition: Flatback to shoulder sit. We start with a non-extended flatback with three bases (one supporting head and shoulders) then the flyer goes directly into a shoulder sit on a seperate base by placing her legs over the shoulders of the base and being pushed by bases/sitting up. All three bases from the flatback stay in contact until she is sitting in the shoulder sit. Once she is sitting the base protacting head and shoulders stays in contact and becomes the back for shoulder sit and the other two move away.

Would this be legal at level 1? I believe so because at least one base stays in contact through the transition but wanted to clarify.

I have a question about our level 1 pyramid transitions. Unfortunately I do not have a video.

1st transition: Flatback to shoulder sit. We start with a non-extended flatback with three bases (one supporting head and shoulders) then the flyer goes directly into a shoulder sit on a seperate base by placing her legs over the shoulders of the base and being pushed by bases/sitting up. All three bases from the flatback stay in contact until she is sitting in the shoulder sit. Once she is sitting the base protacting head and shoulders stays in contact and becomes the back for shoulder sit and the other two move away.

Would this be legal at level 1? I believe so because at least one base stays in contact through the transition but wanted to clarify.
Would need to see it. May need a base in front like you would when popping up from a pendulum.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From what you're describing, yes, this would be legal at level 1. As long as she's already seated on the base's shoulders, there's no need for additional spotters.

Back