Level 2 1/2 Twist Cradle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 2, 2012
Hey. Just need some clarification. Is it legal to 1/2 twist from two foot extension as long as the back spot stays in contact with the feet? This stunt also has a front spot that helps catch when she twists down.

Hey. Just need some clarification. Is it legal to 1/2 twist from two foot extension as long as the back spot stays in contact with the feet? This stunt also has a front spot that helps catch when she twists down.
It's not a cradle if someone stays in contact. It's a transition. Now in level 2 you can (and mostly HAVE to) do 1/2 twisting transitions.

Now if I understand correctly, your front spot would catch the head/shoulders area?

It's not a cradle if someone stays in contact. It's a transition. Now in level 2 you can (and mostly HAVE to) do 1/2 twisting transitions.

Now if I understand correctly, your front spot would catch the head/shoulders area?
Yes that is correct she catches the head and shoulder. The reason I ask is I received a warning last comp. could it have been because the judge didn’t see the connection?

Yes that is correct she catches the head and shoulder. The reason I ask is I received a warning last comp. could it have been because the judge didn’t see the connection?
Maybe the flyer ended up in an inverted position when they caught her. Or your backspot did not keep a connection with the ankles (a connection at extension level under the feet only is illegal since you need a backspot).

Back