Level 2 Dismount

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 9, 2015
I wanted to know if this dismount section from a stunt was legal in level two

The flyer is in an arabesque at normal level two height and the back spot is holding both ankles, the one supported by the bases and the ankle up in the arabesque. The bases sink and toss while the back pulls both legs backs and twists the flyer 1/2. By the end of the dismount the flyer is on her back with the back still holding ankles (in cradle position). Is it legal?

Assuming the above dismount is legal, after being caught in that position, can the flyer be pushed back into a back walkover. The back would touch the flyers feet to the ground first. Would this also be legal in level 2?

I'm having a hard time picturing this. How would the back spot have ahold of the ankle up in the arabesque? Wouldn't the ankle be too high in the air?

I wanted to know if this dismount section from a stunt was legal in level two

The flyer is in an arabesque at normal level two height and the back spot is holding both ankles, the one supported by the bases and the ankle up in the arabesque. The bases sink and toss while the back pulls both legs backs and twists the flyer 1/2. By the end of the dismount the flyer is on her back with the back still holding ankles (in cradle position). Is it legal?

Assuming the above dismount is legal, after being caught in that position, can the flyer be pushed back into a back walkover. The back would touch the flyers feet to the ground first. Would this also be legal in level 2?
She cannot BWO out of the cradle. See Inversions Section K 2

Sorry, missed the part about her feet touching first.

Last edited:
I thought she could if her feet touch the ground first, like the OP said? We have a level 1 team that does it after the flyer's feet hit the ground and we haven't been called on it.
You are correct, as long as at least one foot touches the performing surface before inverting from the cradle position it would be legal. I missed that part in the original post.

I'm having a hard time picturing this. How would the back spot have ahold of the ankle up in the arabesque? Wouldn't the ankle be too high in the air?
Definitely doable at prep level. I've seen lots of level 4 teams do it at extended level to double down out of arabesque to have contact with both legs, granted the leg is generally low.

Back