Level 2 Dismount

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer25mom

Cheer Parent
Aug 10, 2011
Is it legal to cartwheel out of a stunt, or is that considered an inversion? I cannot remember what level, but I saw a team catch a flyer on her side from a stunt and then cartwheel her out. The flyer faced front the whole time, but fell to the side as she came down and bases caught her at the ribs so that she was laying on her side in their arms, then assisted a cartwheel out of that position. Curious if it would be legal on level 2.

Is it legal to cartwheel out of a stunt, or is that considered an inversion? I cannot remember what level, but I saw a team catch a flyer on her side from a stunt and then cartwheel her out. The flyer faced front the whole time, but fell to the side as she came down and bases caught her at the ribs so that she was laying on her side in their arms, then assisted a cartwheel out of that position. Curious if it would be legal on level 2.
Her foot needs to touch performing surface first. Im doing something similar. catching in a star, tilting to have their foot touch, then cartwheeling out.

Her foot needs to touch performing surface first. Im doing something similar. catching in a star, tilting to have their foot touch, then cartwheeling out.

That's what I thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only way to be sure is to send a video to the USASF. But keep in mind that just touching a foot to the ground does not make this legal. If the group lifts her back up and she continues the cartwheel from that it will still be considered a downward inversion. Your flyer would need to do the cartwheel alone and your bases would "spot" to give the illusion of a downward inversion but if at any point the bases support her body and her hands go to the ground it will be considered a downward inversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back