All-Star Level 2 "fake" Double Cupie

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 6, 2011
I am curious about the "Fake" double cupies that are allowed at level 2. I have not been able to find a routine where this has been done (although im sure it has).

The USASF rule for Level 2 Stunts states as followed:

H. ”True” (unassisted) Double Cupies are not allowed.
Clarification: “True” (unassisted) Double Cupies are not allowed at extended, prep or below prep level.
i.e. “True” (unassisted) Double Cupie = one base holding two top people.
However, depending on the technique used, other variations of “Fake” (assisted) Double Cupies may or may not be allowed.

The closest that I have found was this routine from the past year here in Atlanta (actually a level 5 routine).
The assisted double cupie in the back at 18 seconds actually looks to follow this level 2 rule.
For level 2 it is technically 2 feet at extension.
Wanting to know if anyone has tried this and if it is allowed.

Pro Cheer Senior Large Coed Level 5 NCA Atlanta

I am curious about the "Fake" double cupies that are allowed at level 2. I have not been able to find a routine where this has been done (although im sure it has).

The USASF rule for Level 2 Stunts states as followed:

H. ”True” (unassisted) Double Cupies are not allowed.
Clarification: “True” (unassisted) Double Cupies are not allowed at extended, prep or below prep level.
i.e. “True” (unassisted) Double Cupie = one base holding two top people.
However, depending on the technique used, other variations of “Fake” (assisted) Double Cupies may or may not be allowed.

The closest that I have found was this routine from the past year here in Atlanta (actually a level 5 routine).
The assisted double cupie in the back at 18 seconds actually looks to follow this level 2 rule.
For level 2 it is technically 2 feet at extension.
Wanting to know if anyone has tried this and if it is allowed.

Pro Cheer Senior Large Coed Level 5 NCA Atlanta

So strange, we were discussing this last night at my J2 practice also.

I THINK you could make this possible by having 7 kids... One base in the middle, one on each side, two flyers, and two spots. The middle kid would technically base one foot of each flyer, and they could not connect. The issues we had were that you need three strong bases, little bit flyers, and still backs that are tall enough to grab. The flyers also want to grab each other, but cannot connect or it's illegal. I haven't seen this done, but not to say it hasn't. We are going to revisit after the first competition-I'll let you know how it goes.

So strange, we were discussing this last night at my J2 practice also.

I THINK you could make this possible by having 7 kids... One base in the middle, one on each side, two flyers, and two spots. The middle kid would technically base one foot of each flyer, and they could not connect. The issues we had were that you need three strong bases, little bit flyers, and still backs that are tall enough to grab. The flyers also want to grab each other, but cannot connect or it's illegal. I haven't seen this done, but not to say it hasn't. We are going to revisit after the first competition-I'll let you know how it goes.

We would like to try this with out senior 2 since we have 4 boys on it this year and think it would be a great addition. I just find it strange that the rule states may or may not be allowed depending on technique used. would love to know where to find the correct form! :p

you think you would really need 7 people? I mean depending on the athletes used, wouldnt the bases on the side count as your spotter for the top person above prep? And yeah no connecting extended

just a thought, double cupie at prep, flyers can connect (arm/arm)?
double cupie at prep single leg lib or stretch???

trying to be creative here!

would love to hear/see how yours goes!

We did a level 2 double cupie last year and it was my favorite. It ended the pyramid and the routine. We had to argue for it pretty consistently but it was legal. One main base, two side bases two backs and two non-connected flyers.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We did a level 2 double cupie last year and it was my favorite. It ended the pyramid and the routine. We had to argue for it pretty consistently but it was legal. One main base, two side bases two backs and two non-connected flyers.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

would you happen to have a video of the routine? would love to see it!

Back