Level 2: Log Roll In Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 3, 2014
Is it legal for a flyer in a Log Roll to hold hands with a flyer in a Prep in level 2?

I thought it was illegal as per the 2nd clarification below:

Stunts I - A single full twisting log/barrel roll is allowed as long as it starts and ends in a cradle position and may only be assisted by a base.
Clarification: Log/Barrel roll may not include any skill (example: kick full twists) other than the twist. Clarification: The log roll may not be assisted by another top person.

BUT in the 'Level Appropriate Examples' pdf on the Varsity Allstar scoring page it lists Log Rolls under the heading Level 2 Pyramids.

Can someone please clarify this?

Illegal...I tried it once and got called on it. Only a base may assist the flyer. Another flyer assisting is 100% illegal.

Illegal...I tried it once and got called on it. Only a base may assist the flyer. Another flyer assisting is 100% illegal.

Thank you NJ Coach.

So is it an error in the Varsity document or do they mean that log rolls can be performed as separate stunts as a lead up to the pyramid? This might be confusing for coaches.

Thank you NJ Coach.

So is it an error in the Varsity document or do they mean that log rolls can be performed as separate stunts as a lead up to the pyramid? This might be confusing for coaches.

The Varsity document also lists back walkovers as a skill in level 1 running tumbling. Not that it is illegal, but I'd looooove to see a running BWO (all other running tumbling skills are either front tumbling or start with a front tumbling entry, like a round off... except for a running BWO in level 1, haha).

I'm guessing that they're thinking of it as a transition, like @cheernerd5678 suggested. But I agree with you that it can be confusing. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that event producers are not the source for legality clarifications. Contact USASF directly if you have any questions.

The Varsity document also lists back walkovers as a skill in level 1 running tumbling. Not that it is illegal, but I'd looooove to see a running BWO (all other running tumbling skills are either front tumbling or start with a front tumbling entry, like a round off... except for a running BWO in level 1, haha).

I'm guessing that they're thinking of it as a transition, like @cheernerd5678 suggested. But I agree with you that it can be confusing. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that event producers are not the source for legality clarifications. Contact USASF directly if you have any questions.
Are BWO's listed as running and standing on level 1 because they can be used as part of a running pass, like cartwheel BWO?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Are BWO's listed as running and standing on level 1 because they can be used as part of a running pass, like cartwheel BWO?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Cartwheel BWO is listed separately. And just a straight backwards skill is not listed in any other level. For instance, level 2 doesn't list just a BHS, but it lists round off BHS. I understand the intent... it is just inconsistent with the way the other levels are listed. And it makes me laugh, trying to picture a running BWO. Power hurdle, half turn, back walkover? Run, jump 1/2 turn, back walkover?

Back