Level 2 Pyramid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer25mom

Cheer Parent
Aug 10, 2011
Just curious as it came up in a discussion and no one had a solid answer.
3 stunt groups in a pyramid, outside groups in prep bracing center flyer. Can the inside group do a tick tock lib from prep to extension without the backspot holding both ankles?

A low to high tick tock without ankle connection? Nope. It would be a release move and is illegal under stunt rule D.:
D. During transitions, at least one base must remain in contact with the top person.

She would be holding one ankle the entire time, but not both. She is too short to reach the top ankle when it goes to extension so she would maintain contact with foot that is in lib for prep and becomes the standing leg in extension. If that makes sense? The question was would the rule you quoted be satisfied with only one ankle held.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She would be holding one ankle the entire time, but not both. She is too short to reach the top ankle when it goes to extension so she would maintain contact with foot that is in lib for prep and becomes the standing leg in extension. If that makes sense? The question was would the rule you quoted be satisfied with only one ankle held.

As long as she is not released, it is fine. Well, there are weird caveats about the back spot remaining a back spot (not getting under the stunt) but barring weirdness, as long as the flyer is not released, it is treated as a legal transition to a 1 leg stunt at extended level, which actually only requires one bracer at level 2 (so, theoretically, the outside flyers could do this with a center bracing prep). For a definitive legality ruling, a video needs to be emailed to USASF, but from what you are describing, with the spotter remaining connected throughout the transition, it sounds legal.

Ahh, yes that would be fine. I thought you meant that she wasn't holding any ankles.

Back