Level 2 Pyramid Trick....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 25, 2011
I need to know if this is legal.....

Picture this, 3 stunt groups. Outside groups are in a half (prep or w.e you call it), inside group is in a smush. Bases & backspot are set up like doing a 1/2up (twist up or w.e you call it). Flyer is facing the back of the floor and is holding the other to flyers with OPPOSITE arms. Then the bases & backspot dip and push all the way up to a full and the flyer twists up & hits a hitch while still being braced by one of the flyers...
Hope that is clear enough to understand!

Is this legal? I think it is, but I just want to check what everyone else thinks!!!

If you have any videos of AWESOME level 2 pyramids please post the link! I am trying to upgrade my pyramid!

Thanks in advanced!

as long as its braced by at least one person and only does half a twist it should be legal. would need a video to verify though.

Is the flyer only doing a half twist?
Is at least one base or backspot maintaining contact the whole time?

If yes, there should be no issues as this is just a regular half up, but braced on both sides.

Yes, it is a regular half up, but it goes straight up to a full hitch. - But the flyer is being braced by 2 other flyers and bases/backspot stays in contact with the flyer!

Sorry. I thought this was Level 3 when I first read it.

This is illegal in level 2. Can't twist to the top unless it is on two feet.

Yes, it is a regular half up, but it goes straight up to a full hitch. - But the flyer is being braced by 2 other flyers and bases/backspot stays in contact with the flyer!

As long as the flyer extending stays in contact with a bracer this is legal. We had a half up to outside stretch (inside brace) pyramid approved last year. However, we went from prep level stag facing backwards to half up extended outside stretch. I don't think starting from prep or from ground should affect it but that could be the deciding factor in legality.

As long as the flyer extending stays in contact with a bracer this is legal. We had a half up to outside stretch (inside brace) pyramid approved last year. However, we went from prep level stag facing backwards to half up extended outside stretch. I don't think starting from prep or from ground should affect it but that could be the deciding factor in legality.

Thanks! I just re-read through all the Level 2 rules on usasf.net and didnt find anything that would make it illegal! Thanks again for the help!!

Back