Level 2 Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
In level 1 rules, it states that an extended V sit is considered a prep level stunt. So, since in level 2 you do not need a back spot for prep level stunts, does this mean that in level 2 an extended V sit could be done with only two bases under it? In a level 2 pyramid single legged extended stunts can not be braced by another extended stunt. Could a single legged extended stunt be braced by an extended V sit (since it seems this would be considered a prep level stunt)?

Legal

Extended single-leg stunts:
  1. Extended single-leg stunts must be braced by at least one top person at prep level or below with hand-arm connection only. The hand-arm of the top person must be, and remain, connected to the hand-arm of the bracer.
  2. The connection must be made prior to executing the extended single leg stunt.
  3. Prep level top persons must have both feet in bases’ hands.
    Exception: Prep level top persons do not have to have both feet in the bases’ hands if they are in a shoulder sit, flat back, straddle lift or shoulder stand.

Thank you - and it is still legal if the straddle lift is extended? That was my main concern was if they extend the straddle lift (also if they only have two people under the straddle lift, since if I'm reading the rule correct this would be considered a prep level stunt).

Thanks again.

Thank you - and it is still legal if the straddle lift is extended? That was my main concern was if they extend the straddle lift (also if they only have two people under the straddle lift, since if I'm reading the rule correct this would be considered a prep level stunt).

Thanks again.
I think that is fine.

Back