Level 2 Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

VTX

Jun 11, 2011
I have a very small Jr. 2/Jr. 2 Prep this year as in 5-6 athletes. Does anybody have any pyramid ideas if we only have girls? With 6 we can have a full stunt group + a shoulder sit however if the 6th girl doesn't work out I'm drawing blanks for pyramid ideas as an athlete on the floor wont reach an extended stunt. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I have a very small Jr. 2/Jr. 2 Prep this year as in 5-6 athletes. Does anybody have any pyramid ideas if we only have girls? With 6 we can have a full stunt group + a shoulder sit however if the 6th girl doesn't work out I'm drawing blanks for pyramid ideas as an athlete on the floor wont reach an extended stunt. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Hmm.. Well could you do a shoulder sit (2 girls) and then a partner stunt with an assist? Put your smallest flyer into a partner stunt (toss hands with an assist?) and dip to extension lib? Seems very difficult with only 5 kids. Do you have any other girls you can pull from another team?

Reactions: VTX
The bases of the trick group can be on their knees doing an extended stunt connected to a shoulder sit. Remember - extended stunts are in relation to the bases arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to try assisted 2 man or base and back tomorrow. If that doesn't work then I will definitely go with the drop to knees at least for our Nov comps. Thanks for the ideas!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to try assisted 2 man or base and back tomorrow. If that doesn't work then I will definitely go with the drop to knees at least for our Nov comps. Thanks for the ideas!

Do you have any other athletes you can pull up/down to this team?

Do you have any other athletes you can pull up/down to this team?

Not really, we're a really small program out of a gymnastics gym. There is only one other team. A youth lv 1 all brand new to cheer. I have 1 or 2 I'm looking at asking to crossover but for these first few comps I think it would be to much stress for them to handle both teams (I want to see how they handle performing). Plus I don't think they'll want the financial burden of crossing over.

Back