Level 2 Stunt Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2013
Is this 1/2 twist dismount legal in level 2? Assuming, of course, that the back stays connected to the flyer at all times.

I have recently seen a 360 "basket" where the backspot holds on to the flyer's wrist as she spins, is this considered a level two skill? Sorry to hijack, but it was kinda related lol.

I'll let the experts weigh in but I believe that's the dismount we do on our J2 team. And I saw lots of J2 teams do it this past weekend.

yes, it's legal

That explains why every team does that. I was actually wondering what the deal was with the barrel roll!
Well...barrel rolls used to count towards your basket score, so they were really popular. That was eliminated last season. I think they've stuck around because they're a quick level appropriate transition that is seamless after a cradle. I don't really think they're a proper progression for anything, but other coaches may disagree. I supposed they could help transition a flyer to full downs eventually.

As a choreographer, I don't hate them or love them, but I put them in because they're pretty easy to teach and execute and they only take a few counts.

Back