Level 2 Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
Show & Go, Drop Stretch.... I'm nervous about this only because of the "Single leg stunts may not be held at or pass through an extended position" rule... If the secondary releases the foot AFTER the extended position is hit, and on the way down to prep level, do we stay legal?

Oooh, I know what the experts will say!

We need to see a video.

;) But seriously, a video would help to see when the release of the foot happens. If you show and go to 2 leg prep to prep level heel stretch, I cannot imagine that it would be illegal. If you release the foot somewhere between the extended level and prep level, it might be illegal, but a video would help.

Imagine this, but it doesnt stop in the extension.... and obviously it wouldn't extend the heelstretch at the end lol

I would say not legal, because if you freeze frame it at 0:07, the foot is released by the side base while the main base has her arms fully extended. I'm not a judge, but I'd say that it would probably be called as an illegality. I have an idea for how to make it legal but I just tried typing it out and it sounded ridic. I can PM you if you want (and then I'll only sound like an idiot to you and not the entire board ;))

The video is illegal in L2. It has to clearly be a 2 leg stunt every moment it's above prep level.

I have been eye balling this stunt forever but could never remember to ask.

I have always liked the visual of it... The way I'm modifying it may also be questionable. USASF glossary does specifically define "extended" as bases with fully extended arms and an upright flyer. So, if the flyer ends up not being upright on the way down, I wonder if the release will still be considered "above prep level".... I'm gonna have to revisit this with a video at practice next week and post it:)

I have always liked the visual of it... The way I'm modifying it may also be questionable. USASF glossary does specifically define "extended" as bases with fully extended arms and an upright flyer. So, if the flyer ends up not being upright on the way down, I wonder if the release will still be considered "above prep level".... I'm gonna have to revisit this with a video at practice next week and post it:)
If both bases are in an extended lib grip with the flyer have legs together BUT backspot holds both ankles could that make it legal with out considerable amount of modification?

Back