Level 2 Tick Tocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer25mom

Cheer Parent
Aug 10, 2011
Could someone explain the rules about level 2 tic ticks to me. We were deducted for one where the back spot let go with one hand, and it seems to me that it should have been legal. Does the back spot have to hold both ankles the entire time? I don't see how you could do a stretch to stretch tick tock if that is the case and I have seen those preformed.

I think a video would be helpful if possible, but one hand has to be in contact with the flyer at all times. So, the backspot's hand would have to be on one of the legs throughout the tick tock, so like on the leg that starts in the heel stretch and maintaining it there until the bases catch that foot.

got it. That's the best explanation I have had to date. I don't have a video, just wanted to explain better to my kid why it was a deduction.

I would have to see a video because I thought the Backspot had to maintain contact with both ankles because there can never be a point that they do not have contact. I've seen lib to stretch but never stretch to stretch.
It could be done but timing would have to be impeccable to make sure there is always contact. Oh I bet if you had a tall back that could reach the flyers waist it could be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to see a video because I thought the Backspot had to maintain contact with both ankles because there can never be a point that they do not have contact. I've seen lib to stretch but never stretch to stretch.
It could be done but timing would have to be impeccable to make sure there is always contact. Oh I bet if you had a tall back that could reach the flyers waist it could be done.

Doesn't have to be waist. And it doesn't actually have to be truly holding onto anything - touching counts. So you can be touching thighs or under the rear - as long as it is technically connected and that connection is never lost, it counts as a non-released skill :)

showstoppers do it twice. middle group right in the opening and then all groups around 1:10. hope this helps!

this is the video I saw it done in. I cannot wrap my head around how they could have contact with both hands at the same time and still make this work.

this is the video I saw it done in. I cannot wrap my head around how they could have contact with both hands at the same time and still make this work.
You don't need contact with both hands at the same time - just one person standing on the floor must maintain contact with the flyer at all times - no requirements for number of hands or hand placement are in the rules.

You don't need contact with both hands at the same time - just one person standing on the floor must maintain contact with the flyer at all times - no requirements for number of hands or hand placement are in the rules.
Well we got a deduction when we shouldn't then.

Well we got a deduction when we shouldn't then.

Not impossible as judges are human. That being said, Coaches need to know the rules and be able to explicitly state why the skill performed is legal. I bring the rule book and glossary with me to every comp with pertinent pages marked for all of the gray areas in my routines so that I can point out why the skills performed are legal according to the rules. (There is always the possibility of a performance error safety deduction, of course, which I'd take without complaint if I were shown in a video the error.)

Not impossible as judges are human. That being said, Coaches need to know the rules and be able to explicitly state why the skill performed is legal. I bring the rule book and glossary with me to every comp with pertinent pages marked for all of the gray areas in my routines so that I can point out why the skills performed are legal according to the rules. (There is always the possibility of a performance error safety deduction, of course, which I'd take without complaint if I were shown in a video the error.)
It was argued, and the coaches lost. I honestly think it should have gone the other way. The kid swears she never let go, and the video is inconclusive because of the angle. The stunt was turned and you cannot see one of her hands.

I love our coaches will always go to bat for our kids and know the rules, I can't imagine that's easy for you all ;)

Could someone explain the rules about level 2 tic ticks to me. We were deducted for one where the back spot let go with one hand, and it seems to me that it should have been legal. Does the back spot have to hold both ankles the entire time? I don't see how you could do a stretch to stretch tick tock if that is the case and I have seen those preformed.
Around 1:30 they do torch tick stocks going from heel stretch to heel stretch. The third just has her hand touching the thigh of the leg they are switching onto.

Back