Level 2 Tumbling Rule Change

Discussion in 'Is this legal?' started by EMMbaleena, Jun 12, 2017.

1. EMMbaleena

EMMbaleena They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    With the implementation of the below, what are some thoughts/opinions on how to max out standing and running tumbling in level 2 this year?
    Last year we had a BWO BHS for our standing section which put us in the 'high' range. We were planning to work for BHS CW BHS this year, but it seems that unless the kids land their BHS with feet together then step & turn into their CW it'll be considered illegal...and that kills a little piece of my soul...in my head it just looks so sloppy!
    I guess same concept with running tumbling...

'There is no twisting or turning allowed after a back handspring step out. The feet must come together after the skill is completed prior to twisting or turning. Example: Back handspring step out > ½ turn = Illegal.'

2. alpaca

alpaca Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    [QUOTE
    'There is no twisting or turning allowed after a back handspring step out. The feet must come together after the skill is completed prior to twisting or turning. Example: Back handspring step out > ½ turn = Illegal.'[/QUOTE]

As a parent I have no advice for you. But it raises a question. Does this mean that kids with sloppy BHS where their feet land miles apart will then have to hop them together before starting the next skill?

eta: I think I figured out the answer to my question..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. Quotation

Quotation I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    you could do BHS step-out BWO BHS step out, then cartwheel forward (go back the way you came) BHS

4. cheer25mom

cheer25mom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I didn't think you could cartwheel into BHS?
    ETA: found what I was thinking about. It's odd but level 2 doesn't say anything about it, but level 3 says no cartwheel tucks or cartwheel BHS tucks. Odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I think it's because it almost becomes a standing skill after the cartwheel. A standing bhs is legal in level 2, but a standing tuck or bhs tuck is not legal in level 3. I know it's not actually standing, but I think that's why it's like that.