Level 2 Yay Or Nah

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No. Release moves are only allowed to a cradle or a dismount to the performance surface. If you could do the skills such that the flyer is not actually released by a base (or back spot), then it could be legal (there isn't anything inherently illegal for level 2 except for the releases).

LEVEL 2 PYRAMIDS

Pyramids must follow Level 2 “Stunts” and “Dismounts” rules and are allowed up to 2 high.
Top persons must receive primary support from a base.
Clarification: Anytime a top person is released by the bases during a pyramid transition, the top person must land in a cradle or dismount to the performing surface and must follow the L2 dismount rules.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

the ball back tho.... they never release her...... so that part is ok right? level 2 will be the death of me...lol

In the video it looks like she is released, but I'm watching on my phone so maybe I'm not seeing it correctly. Who holds onto her in the ball back?

The other flyers count as bracers, not bases. If the middle flyer is released from bases, it is a release and must end in a cradle or a dismount to the performance surface.

You can do the ball back as long as at least one base remains contact with the foot until she lands in the flat position, from there just pop it back up to extension/lib. Or you can do a fall to prone (the second half) as long as the backspot remains contact the whole time and then drive that up to prep.

Back