Level 3 Inversion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 4, 2010
Can you please help me out and let me know if this inversion is legal? The flyer starts laying on her belly, with bases holding her belly and back spot supporting her legs at cradle level. The group dips and brings the flyer down to a handstand (the flyers hands are now on the floor). The bases are holding the flyer on each side (bases have one hand on shoulder and one hand on lower back)in the handstand and the back spot is supporting her upper back (flyers hands still on the floor). The group dips and flyer sits up to a cradle position. Thanks so much for all your help!​

Can you please help me out and let me know if this inversion is legal? The flyer starts laying on her belly, with bases holding her belly and back spot supporting her legs at cradle level. The group dips and brings the flyer down to a handstand (the flyers hands are now on the floor). The bases are holding the flyer on each side (bases have one hand on shoulder and one hand on lower back)in the handstand and the back spot is supporting her upper back (flyers hands still on the floor). The group dips and flyer sits up to a cradle position. Thanks so much for all your help!​

Not sure exactly what all you are talking about but it sounds like it's below prep level and connected so there shouldn't be a problem

Not sure exactly what all you are talking about but it sounds like it's below prep level and connected so there shouldn't be a problem

So you are going from a handstand on the floor to a cradle with the bases maintaining contact. Sounds legal, but a visual would be great.

did the flyer start on the performance surface prior to being in the prone position? or was the flyer coming down out of a stunt?

I have another question about level 3 inversion (specifically pyramid). Andre does the rule in pyramid release moves cancel out the rule in pyramid inversions? We got a warning on a braced back flip we do in our pyramid. The back spot and post flyer maintain contact throughout but they told me in release moves a THIRD bracer on the foot is needed for it to be legal. We were going with the inversion rule and they were considering it a release.

I have another question about level 3 inversion (specifically pyramid). Andre does the rule in pyramid release moves cancel out the rule in pyramid inversions? We got a warning on a braced back flip we do in our pyramid. The back spot and post flyer maintain contact throughout but they told me in release moves a THIRD bracer on the foot is needed for it to be legal. We were going with the inversion rule and they were considering it a release.

Its not a release if you are connected to someone on the ground

and for that matter level 3 release require a separate bracer for each arm (nothing about feet) or only 1 arm if you are following the level 3 stunt release moves.

my guess is that the judge in question, thought you were in Level 4 and didn't see the back spot connection which is the only way those comment would make any sense

Send me a video.

cupieqt If the top person is holding on to someone standing on the ground it's not a release move.

@cgacheer's inversion at 3:17 is fine because of L3 Pyramids F2.

Andre said:
cupieqt If the top person is holding on to someone standing on the ground it's not a release move.

CGAcheer's inversion at 3:17 is fine because of L3 Pyramids F2.

That's what we do in our pyramid also. Thanks CGAcheer and Andre!

Back