Level 3 Pyramid Release

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 20, 2010
Question, is a high to low with one prep level bracer legal (two outside groups executing with center bracing)? We have competed this once already but some part of me thinks its not. I've read and reread the rules and my eyes are now crossed. Any help is appreciated.

I'd say not legal because level 3 pyramid release moves must be braced, hand to hand, by 2 different people at prep level or below.

I'd say not legal because level 3 pyramid release moves must be braced, hand to hand, by 2 different people at prep level or below.
Thank you for respondig! And thats what Im thinking but there is a "clarification" about allowing release moves with just one bracer given they follow L3 stunt release moves or dismounts so with that brings about my confusion. Im not a 'i went to such n such comp & didnt get called on it' I'd rather know for sure.

ETA i haven't seen anyone else do this this season which makes me think I found a loophole or its not level appropriate lol

Thank you for respondig! And thats what Im thinking but there is a "clarification" about allowing release moves with just one bracer given they follow L3 stunt release moves or dismounts so with that brings about my confusion. Im not a 'i went to such n such comp & didnt get called on it' I'd rather know for sure.

ETA i haven't seen anyone else do this this season which makes me think I found a loophole or its not level appropriate lol
Yeah, I'm thinking it's not legal BUT...video it, and send it to [email protected] They'll let you know

Hi, I think that skill should follow "L3 Stunt - Release Moves" or "L3 Dismounts" ,so is illegal because neither start bellow prep level (begins from extended stunt) nor land in cradle or to the floor (land in a stunt).

Pyramids F.1 / During a pyramid transition, a top person may pass above 2 persons high while in direct physical contact with at least two persons at prep level or below.
Clarification: Level 3 Pyramid Release Moves may now incorporate stunt release moves that maintain contact with one other top person provided the Release move meet the criteria established under L3 Stunt Release Moves or L3 Dismounts. L3 Pyramid Release moves must maintain contact with two other top persons if the release move begins at prep level or above, passes above extended arm level, includes more than one skill, or is caught in an extended position.

My english is not so good, but I hope this helps.

Back