Level 3 Pyramid Transition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 23, 2010
Would a group to group front flip (with a two hand connection to a base on the ground) with a full twist be legal?

another question: I witnessed a team in level 3 compete group to groups but with a connection to a shoulder sit, would that not be illegal?

Question #1: Legal. You can do it in partner stunts too. Twist happens after the flip rotation is completed (like a front flip and then a full down)

Question #2: I can't picture what you're talking about.

Question #1: Legal. You can do it in partner stunts too. Twist happens after the flip rotation is completed (like a front flip and then a full down)

Question #2: I can't picture what you're talking about.

Thank you!
Question 2 was talking about the same flip as question 1, but without a twist and the person the flyer of the group to group was connected to was the flyer in the shoulder sit (instead of a person on the ground)...I can't seem to find a video

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's a level 4 skill. Level 3 flips have to be connected to a base with both hands. It MAY be legal if the back was holding one hand, the shoulder sit flyer the other, but the back spot was holding that arm.

Back flips are legal with the base holding one arm and a prep holding the other so a front flip should be too. It would go with pyramid rules I believe. As long as the back holds the arm that the shoulder sit doesn't have, it should be fine. Is it part of your pyramid? I'm not sure how they judge that (does anything connected count as pyramid?)
ETA: are you still trying to switch bases on this one? I'm not sure if that part is legal.

It's not my teams pyramid, i was just curious! it is very obviously both hands connected to the shoulder sit flyer, no connection with that base and they front flip over the shoulder sit into another set of bases, this I thought was level 5?

Would a group to group front flip (with a two hand connection to a base on the ground) with a full twist be legal?

another question: I witnessed a team in level 3 compete group to groups but with a connection to a shoulder sit, would that not be illegal?

I think...
Q1: Legal. In L3 STUNTS there is no restriction in "J. Inversions" about changing groups if the top person has two hand connection to a base on the ground.

Q2: Legal. If the top person has contact with a base on the ground during the transition, because in L3 Pyramids "G. Inversions" says:
1. Must follow L3 Stunt Inversions rules. So no restriction about changing bases.
2. A top person may pass through an inverted position, during a pyramid transition, if the top person remains in contact with a base(s) that is in direct weight bearing contact with the performing surface. The base that remains in contact with the top person may extend their arms during the transition, if the skill starts and ends in a position at prep level or below. So the top person can flip in a pyramid transition if remains in contact with another top person and a base on the ground (i.e. shoulder sit holding one hand and a base on the ground holding the other hand).

Latest posts

Back