Level 3 Rules Change?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 28, 2010
Will someone fill me in on the level 3 rules that changed for stunts (if there are any, I couldn't remember if there were any changes made) Thanks! :)

release moves are now legal as long as they don't exceed and extended arm level and i'm pretty sure can be caught a prone position
quick ups to a prep don't have to have a connection at he ankle
that's all i know

release moves are now legal as long as they don't exceed and extended arm level and i'm pretty sure can be caught a prone position
quick ups to a prep don't have to have a connection at he ankle
that's all i know
That hasn't changed from last year. Lol

That hasn't changed from last year. Lol
It's a BIG change from last season! Release moves weren't allowed in level 3 at all last season (except toss hands). And release moves being caught prone wasn't allowed in any level.

It's a BIG change from last season! Release moves weren't allowed in level 3 at all last season (except toss hands). And release moves being caught prone wasn't allowed in any level.
Oh ok! I'm sorry I didn't realize thanks for clearing that up! :)

Dont hate me for this but what's considered a prone position?

I know I have read this on the rules... but now, I can't seem to find it in the Level 3 rules section talking about cradles to prone... =/

I know I have read this on the rules... but now, I can't seem to find it in the Level 3 rules section talking about cradles to prone... =/

I am wondering about this too. I have seen a bunch of senior 3 teams do these, but I can't find the part of the rules that addresses it. @Andre, can you help?

@uptown_outlaw & @JulieP

There isn't a L3 rule that addresses it. The change in wording from the corresponding rule in L2 allows releases to prone in L3.

L2 Stunts K2 - Release moves may not land in a prone or inverted position.

L3 Stunts J2 - Release moves may not land in an inverted position. Releasing from inverted to non-inverted is not allowed.

@uptown_outlaw & @JulieP

There isn't a L3 rule that addresses it. The change in wording from the corresponding rule in L2 allows releases to prone in L3.

L2 Stunts K2 - Release moves may not land in a prone or inverted position.

L3 Stunts J2 - Release moves may not land in an inverted position. Releasing from inverted to non-inverted is not allowed.

Thanks @Andre. I felt like I had read about it somewhere, and then I couldn't find it. I probably read it in the level 2 rules, and then I was trying to find it in L3. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back